Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: M&P 10mm!

Feedback Score
    I would definitely like to try this, but I have the 4” and all the recoil spring kits seem to be for the 4.6”.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    I bought the guide rod and spring kit from Wolff for the M&P 45.

The factory recoil spring is 17# and is way too light. Empties literally flying 20 feet, slide velocity has to be rediculous. I settled on the 22# spring for this load and it worked great. Perfect right ejection pattern about 8 feet to my 4:30. I have a 24# spring to go up to if I need it once I get some good 200gr loads going.
    This is exactly what I needed to know. I've placed an order for the exact same setup and will report my results.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just like I said it would. Take that, guy who owns a Bren.
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    The factory recoil spring is 17# and is way too light. Empties literally flying 20 feet, slide velocity has to be rediculous.
    On a serious note, glad that just a spring change is working. I really do hope that adding even more spring is all that’s needed for the hardcast to run well.

Feedback Score
    My 4.6 is chewing through everything with the 22# recoil spring. The 24# runs as well but they seem similar. Both are infinitely better than the factory 17# setup.

I’ve been following this gun for a while now and it appears there are some cases where the magazine springs need an upgrade as well. They are either underpowered or are taking too much of a set early in life. I will be watching that as well. So far though I’m not having those issues. Springer Precision has a spring available as well as Wolff’s new mag springs should be excellent.

Bottom line is the vast majority of 10MM is just a light 40+P and that’s what these run on out of the box. I got it to shoot full 10 and hunt etc so a few bucks on springs is just the cost to play IMO.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, i recently switched from a Glock 20 to the M&P 2.0 10mm 4" model (in hindsight, probably should have gotten the 4.6") with RMR and TLR-1. I've put 200 rounds through it with no issues, but just the basic 180gr FMJ stuff. This will be a woods gun for me, so i'll be shooting mostly 200gr hardcast ammo from Underwood.

Question is this: i'm ordering a new guide rod and spring from Galloway Precision, and they are recommending the 24lb spring. Almost everything i've read, people are going with the 22 lb spring. Is there much difference between the two when shooting 200gr full power loads? Will the 24lb be too stiff for the 180 gr plinking ammo? Any reason to get one over the other? Thanks

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678