Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.5 Creedmor - Palma style brass

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

6.5 Creedmor - Palma style brass

A buddy of ours picked up some bonded hunting Federal ammo at wally world. He got 4 boxes of 6.5cm with small rifle primer brass. Kind of like the .308 palma.

I'm excited to see how this stuff does for hand loading with some CCI Benchrest primers that didn't shine in my .223 for me.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I use the Lapua in my 6mm CM. It’s great and easy to tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Small rifle brass (Lapua) cut my 6.5 Creedmoor group sizes literally in half as opposed to large rifle (Hornady)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Small rifle brass (Lapua) cut my 6.5 Creedmoor group sizes literally in half as opposed to large rifle (Hornady)
    Wow. That's exciting to hear. 6.5 CM has, so far, not yet impressed me at all. Some days is awesome, and some days it's high, low, left, right, high again.. WTF?.

What primers are you running? I know my beloved WOLF primers were too mild in 308 Palma, so the only other stuff I have is CCI BR and AR Match. Starting with the BRs first.
    Last edited by markm; 11-16-21 at 10:34.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    The group size could have been the difference between Lapua and Hornady brass. Hornady is very mediocre.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    True. But I've found milder primers to really help as well. Any velocity losses going to small primers??

I know Palma lost me like 75 FPS if I remember right, on the SAME exact powder charge.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    True. But I've found milder primers to really help as well. Any velocity losses going to small primers??

I know Palma lost me like 75 FPS if I remember right, on the SAME exact powder charge.
    It depends on the primer in my experience. May try one and it’s faster, next brand is slower.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I remember reading that German Salazar said running a hot small rifle primer in Palma defeated the purpose. No sure how hot the BRs are, but I'm excited to try it out.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Federal small rifle match and H4350

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    The group size could have been the difference between Lapua and Hornady brass. Hornady is very mediocre.

Could've been. I measured a lot of the Hornady cases and found them to be very uniform, tho

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast