Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.5 Creedmor - Palma style brass

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Did you contact Alexander Arms to see if they have stock? The website is not live inventory.
    Yep, I called several places where inventory was unclear.

Every response I got was “haven’t seen that stuff in months.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I spent fifteen minutes searching for Grendel brass thinking maybe I'd find some you missed. I did not.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I spent fifteen minutes searching for Grendel brass thinking maybe I'd find some you missed. I did not.
    Appreciate the effort regardless.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I went ahead and ordered 100 Lapua SRP 6.5 brass. I'm sure this will make 6.5 creedmore hum. Worst case, I have primer pockets that don't get loose.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Appreciate the effort regardless.
    I thought I found some, but looking more I think this site is a scam. www.raniersec.com If you want to check it yourself.
    Last edited by Disciple; 11-19-21 at 14:48.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    No luck with the FC small primer brass and BR-4 primers. Velocities were higher than expected so I definitely need to reduce the charge a half grain or so. The FC brass is 10 plus grains heavier than the Hornady.

We also had the scope base loose which is beyond annoying. We fixed that and factory ammo shot sub MOA, but the hand loads were still crappy 1.5+ MOA.

BR-4 primers sucked for me in .223 (doubling group sizes). I don't know if they're a problem with this load.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Sounds like a lesson learned and you have more info moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. Wasn't a total waste of time. I'd rather get some data before the good Lapua brass shows up. I may just switch to AR Match primers even though I'd guess they're on the hotter end of the spectrum.

I do like priming the small primer brass WAY better. Hornady pockets are often really tight, and leave the brass sitting high. Drives me nuts. Small primers seat much smoothers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a RPR chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor that is incredibly accurate with factory Hornady loads. My reloads are not so accurate, posting .8 MOA groups on the average. I will have to order some of the small primer brass and see if I cannot shrink the groups by using smaller primers with the same reload recipe.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I have a RPR chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor that is incredibly accurate with factory Hornady loads. My reloads are not so accurate, posting .8 MOA groups on the average. I will have to order some of the small primer brass and see if I cannot shrink the groups by using smaller primers with the same reload recipe.
    The trick might be picking the right primer. When I did the .223 primer testing, I was shocked at how much different primers could impact the group size.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast