Thread: 6.5 Creedmor - Palma style brass

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Dryfiring in the dark?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Dryfiring in the dark?
    Yeah. I forget what master blaster wrote that. One of the really good shooters mentioned dry firing in darkness.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What's the purpose and how does one determine progress?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah. I forget what master blaster wrote that. One of the really good shooters mentioned dry firing in darkness.
    That's a new one on me. Years ago, I learned to dryfire facing a blank wall painted white to reinforce the fundamentals.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    What's the purpose and how does one determine progress?
    You know? I can't even remember now. Maybe focus on muscle memory/trigger manipulation without visual distractions. I think I tried it one time.

Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    That's a new one on me. Years ago, I learned to dryfire facing a blank wall painted white to reinforce the fundamentals.
    It's surprising to me how much reticle bounce I get from my Rem 700 when doing that.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    A lot of the bounce on the 700 is mechanical. Vibrating all the way to the scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    You know? I can't even remember now. Maybe focus on muscle memory/trigger manipulation without visual distractions. I think I tried it one time.

It's surprising to me how much reticle bounce I get from my Rem 700 when doing that.
    If you are looking at an all white surface, it really shows how much reticle bounce or iron sight wobble you induce into the weapon system. That's where you see an issue that adversely affects accuracy and train yourself to minimize it.

I'll bet I've completed well over 100,000 dry fire repetitions with handguns and more than twice that with iron sight rifles. The process works.
    Last edited by T2C; 11-29-21 at 21:30.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    A lot of the bounce on the 700 is mechanical. Vibrating all the way to the scope.
    No doubt. It's stunning how much you see even with complete focus on a clean break.

I'll bet I've completed well over 100,000 dry fire repetitions with handguns and more than twice that with iron sight rifles. The process works.
    You have more discipline than I do. I really need to do more of that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Annealing would be enough reason for your loads to not perform. The brass work hardens in as little as one firing. New brass is annealed before sizing and loading.

When you FL size, how many thousandths are you bumping the shoulder?

Nobody in BR or F-Class neck sizes anymore because it is less consistent.

Annealing is not working. The case mouths currently expand 0.004" when the bullet is seated and I am not crimping. I am going to turn different size case mouth expanders on the lathe and experiment with different neck tensions.
    Last edited by T2C; 12-07-21 at 21:13.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Annealing is not working. The case mouths currently expand 0.004" when the bullet is seated and I am not crimping. I am going to turn different size case mouth expanders on the lathe and experiment with different neck tensions.
    4 thou isn’t a terrible place to be. It’s all about consistency.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast