Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: The great shotgun urban myth

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 89hits View Post
    just gimme a scattergun.But in a rough scene, I ain't worried, my guys got it/them covered.Period
    Uh, what???

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Uh, what???

C4
    double uh????

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I just came across this thread.

Not to be late to the party, but in response to the OP, I would recommend a pistol over a shotgun for the simple reason the pistol would more than likely be stored in a night stand drawer. Keep a white light on it. It would be very easy to deploy should something go bump.

I have no issue with sleeping with a carbine with a mag in it next to my bed, but I doubt a woman would want to leave a shotgun in the open like that. It's hard enough living with a woman and having to navigate around the 300 pillows now on the bed. It's like they reproduce...

As to the shotgun racking, I think there is something to it, but I would never depend on it to stop anyone.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I think this is where some common sense has to enter into play. During the day or when you aren't home you simply lock the AR/shotgun up. At night or when you are home (assuming there aren't kids or others in the area) you pull it out and keep it handy.

Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    I just came across this thread.

Not to be late to the party, but in response to the OP, I would recommend a pistol over a shotgun for the simple reason the pistol would more than likely be stored in a night stand drawer. Keep a white light on it. It would be very easy to deploy should something go bump.

I have no issue with sleeping with a carbine with a mag in it next to my bed, but I doubt a woman would want to leave a shotgun in the open like that. It's hard enough living with a woman and having to navigate around the 300 pillows now on the bed. It's like they reproduce...

As to the shotgun racking, I think there is something to it, but I would never depend on it to stop anyone.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think this is where some common sense has to enter into play. During the day or when you aren't home you simply lock the AR/shotgun up. At night or when you are home (assuming there aren't kids or others in the area) you pull it out and keep it handy.
    Do you think a 20 something old girl would really do that?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    Do you think a 20 something old girl would really do that?
    Nope. However, that very well means she won't take the initiative to learn the gun and may be better off without it.

All long guns are intimidating when you on looking at the small end. A determined attacker likely won't be scared away by a shotgun noise but the vast majority are by a homeowner, especially an armed one.

Feedback Score
    *NM, saw the last posting date.
    Last edited by ruchik; 12-28-11 at 16:35.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324