Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Tips and Tricks

Feedback Score
    I'm not suppressed so it's not as bad as it could be. I keep my guns wet and they can go for a long time, carbine gas systems can handle a lot. I'm honestly not burning it up like I was just a few years ago. After one magazine they're look like they did before anyway, and I trust them like that.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    I'm not suppressed so it's not as bad as it could be.
    I shot my house gun (11.5 Sionics Reduced gas port) two weeks in a row... also no can. So I had to dust off the cleaning kit. I couldn't believe how clean the gun was.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Can I ask where you found the AR10 version?
    Its years old, so I have no idea.
    Best of luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Whatever LMT coats their e-bolts with is fantastic. 30 seconds with a wet GI toothbrush, and 15 seconds with a t-shirt. Done. Lube it.
    How does it compare to nitride for cleaning?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    How does it compare to nitride for cleaning?
    Not sure. Nitride seems to be dependent on polish before the process for surface texture. I’ve got two guns with nitride bolts, but they’re low-volume. I will say that I have a JP nitride carrier and it wipes off very easily.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Can I ask where you found the AR10 version?
    https://catoutdoors.com/gear/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    There’s a story for this. NG “Armorer” (not a real one) told a Joe Snuffy that the black stuff on his bolt was carbon and wouldn’t take the rifle back. Joe goes back to the area where his squad is cleaning. 5 or 6 of them take scratchy things to their bolts until shiny. SL sees them and rightly loses his $#!+. These guns were brand new FN M4A1s, right after their inaugural range trip, like 100 rounds on them.

I’ve also seen a pair of older 240 receivers get the same treatment.

Whatever LMT coats their e-bolts with is fantastic. 30 seconds with a wet GI toothbrush, and 15 seconds with a t-shirt. Done. Lube it.
    Jeez, not sure who the moron is......"armorer" who put things in motion or Snuffy and his buddies who took it to mean removal of the brand-new phosphate? I'm at a loss here.

Guess maybe Snuffy and his buds weren't "gun guys" and realized that these were brand-freaking-new weapons. This story makes tears well in my eyes!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminAZ View Post
    Thanks, just ordered one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I want it to remove the oil from the metal when it removes the crud from the barrel extension and barrel. I haven't had any issues with non-chlorinated brake cleaner stripping paint or melting plastic. On the other hand, chlorinated brake cleaner will strip paint right off the upper receiver.

I don't clean rifles until accuracy drops off, so my rifles don't get cleaned nearly as often as most people clean.
    me neither over decades of use and countless cleanings. This is internet lore at it's finest.
    hit the bolt, extension area, hit with hoppes 9 after and then clean accordingly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    tip #1, don't over clean, they don't need to be cleaned after each range trip

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast