Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 gen 5 accuracy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Glock 19 gen 5 accuracy

I thought some of you might find this interesting or helpful. Took my new gen 5 G19 to the range. It’s all stock expect for a trijicon RMR on top. This is a 10 round group of gold dot at 25 yards off hand. I’m pretty sure I could pull off a 2” group on a lucky day. I felt and called the two shots that went low. I’ve been very impressed with the gen 5 accuracy so far. I have another gen 5 g19 that has irons sights on it and it shot similar sized groups.

upload image

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    After 200 rounds through it the trigger breaks at 4.5-5lbs depending where I have the gauge positioned. Initial take up is 2lbs then a rolling break for the last 3lbs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's the kind of accuracy I am seeing at 25 meters using OEM sights and 0.75 power safety glasses. In my experience the Gen 5 Glock 19 is noticeably more accurate than previous generations.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Nice shooting....I suspect its the Indian not the arrow :-)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m pretty convinced it’s a 2” gun. I’d be pretty ecstatic if I could manage a 1.5” group. But it takes some special star alignment for me to pull off 10 perfect trigger pulls in a row. I was thinking about trying some of the Wilson combat 9mm match ammo. If anyone has suggestions for high quality match ammo please let me know. It’s hard to really know without testing different ammunition and that stuff isn’t cheap.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    Nice shooting....I suspect its the Indian not the arrow :-)
    This is what I'm thinking. I've got the same gun and I'm not shooting those groups. David

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice shooting man!
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Side note, I go through so many black markers drawing circles for my students on targets, I never thought to use spray paint. Seems so obvious now.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by silvery37 View Post
    I’m pretty convinced it’s a 2” gun. I’d be pretty ecstatic if I could manage a 1.5” group. But it takes some special star alignment for me to pull off 10 perfect trigger pulls in a row. I was thinking about trying some of the Wilson combat 9mm match ammo. If anyone has suggestions for high quality match ammo please let me know. It’s hard to really know without testing different ammunition and that stuff isn’t cheap.
    I am in the verge of breaking 90+ on 50 yard bulls eyes with my 17.5. There is a significant increase in accuracy in the gen 5.

Hornady XTP bullets have been known for very very good accuracy. I haven’t run any yet but I have some in the pile for a rainy day.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by silvery37 View Post
    After 200 rounds through it the trigger breaks at 4.5-5lbs depending where I have the gauge positioned. Initial take up is 2lbs then a rolling break for the last 3lbs.
    It is definitely better than the Gen 4 trigger. Great shooting, dude.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast