Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DD MFR vs BCM MCMR

Feedback Score

DD MFR vs BCM MCMR

For my 11.5 pistol build I have gone with the DD barrel. I'm now trying to decide between the DD 10" MFR or the 10' BCM MCMR. I Have the BCM KMR rails on my 16" and20" inch guns. Not sure if I want to stray from that form factor with the DD, but I'm willing to try new stuff if it's better. This is going to be a truck gun. Anyway... for those who have used both, which is your preference and why? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I have only had DD quad rails before and while they are solid, its too bulky. As for their mlock stuff I can't comment. I do have 3 other rifles with the BCM MCMR and I love them. All things the same the BCM looks like they are cheaper. Both are top quality manufacturers and I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ive used both on friend's rifles and really I couldnt tell you a huge difference between one or the other.

The DD barrel nut rail lock up system looks like it might be more robust but that's 100 percent speculation on my part. My main rifle sports the BCM quad rail version of the MCMR and it's been great.

For me choosing between the two it would literally come down to price and looks.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I would recommend the BCM. It’s cheaper and easier to install, and performs the same function as the DD.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I wouldn’t agree that a BCM is easier to install. The interference fit between the rail and nut is a PITA to deal with. Especially when you want to take it off.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I wouldn’t agree that a BCM is easier to install. The interference fit between the rail and nut is a PITA to deal with. Especially when you want to take it off.
    I have 3 BCM rails. None were a PITA to install or remove. Like Keymod... You have to be able to read and understand instructions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I have 3 BCM rails. None were a PITA to install or remove. Like Keymod... You have to be able to read and understand instructions.
    I don’t think so either. One of mine was a little tight sliding over the barrel but but I heated the hand guard a little and it went on easy so that point. Looking at that DD, it looks quite nice and if it wasn’t so damp expensive I’d give it a whirl

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I’m leaning toward the BCM on price. Just didn’t know if the DD was more robust. I do love the BCM KMR rails I have on my other rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SFW View Post
    Yeah, I’m leaning toward the BCM on price. Just didn’t know if the DD was more robust. I do love the BCM KMR rails I have on my other rifles.

Probably, the MCMR is about as light as possible without being trash IMO. That said, most people don’t actually need anything that durable, also IMO.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast