Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DD MFR vs BCM MCMR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Probably, the MCMR is about as light as possible without being trash IMO. That said, most people don’t actually need anything that durable, also IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True. The only things that will be mounted to it are a front site and a mini scout light. I don’t pretend to need anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I have 3 BCM rails. None were a PITA to install or remove. Like Keymod... You have to be able to read and understand instructions.

I’ve installed over 20 KMRs and MCMRs and some are tighter than others. I have gotten to the point that using heat and having to get it on before the rail shrinks is annoying when there are other rails out there that are just as strong or stronger and not near fiddly to install and remove.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've hated every skinny MLOK rail I've used, including 2 or 3 MCMRs. Too narrow for my hand size, and they get hot as shit faster than the fatter MLOK rails and definitely faster than God's favorite, the 1913 quad rail.

Feedback Score
    i have had both. give the pros and cons of each from my experience and others i know of

DD MFR
    Pros: light weight, durable, finish is very durable. pleasing to the eye (probably my favorite looking rail)
    cons: pricy, heat up quick, sometimes it is a pain to install to get everything lined up, meaning you may need to loosen the bolts and tighten others first then tighten the ones you loosened second to get the barrel square in the handguard, have seen the rail come loose, not on me (and i am not easy on equipment, but i also don't intentionally treat it like $h!t). Mainly seen it on videos and threads, but each time that has happened they are doing torture test, but all that needs to be done is torque the bolts back down.
    +/-: i have not seen one bend, even the ones that i talked to that came loose during torture testing, i have asked if they bent at all and everyone said no.

BCM MCMR
    Pros: light weight, durable enough for 99% of people, cheaper on price
    Cons: sometimes a pain to install due to the tight fitment, heat up quick.
    +/-: i have not seen one rotate, however i have seen many bend in first hand experience. Mine have not and have have dropped them (not intentionally) from leaning up on things, off barricades etc.

hard to say which is better. I would trust each with my life for what i do to hold zero with irons. the DD is slightly and i mean slightly fatter, would be hard to tell unless you can compare side by side with them but i run magpul Mlok rail covers type 2 on them since i have large hands. you can flip a coin if price doesn't bother you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I've hated every skinny MLOK rail I've used, including 2 or 3 MCMRs. Too narrow for my hand size, and they get hot as shit faster than the fatter MLOK rails and definitely faster than God's favorite, the 1913 quad rail.
    I am starting to get to this point too. On my current build I am going back to a quad rail. That being said, I do have not so skinny MLOK rails from MidWest and CMT that I think are fine. My Centurion, for example, is just too dam thin. I cant use the MLOK slot under the gas block (also a Centurion) on that one because it will make contact. And given that is exactly where I wanted to mount my hand stop.......

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Cheese graters are life.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Cheese graters are life.
    KAC URX2 and the DD RIS 2 are my favs.....

I'd go with BCM OP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma View Post
    KAC URX2 and the DD RIS 2 are my favs.....
    Not a popular opinion I know but....I'm doing a Spikes quad rail on my current SBR build. Buddy of mine who is LEO and also owns my LGS has been running one on his full auto Colt lower for years in an SBR config and has beaten on it pretty good and it hasn't broken or bent. It's his duty gun. I'm going to give it a whirl and see how it goes.

Feedback Score
    I've got both, the DD MFR and the BCM MCMR. The DD would be my personnel preference but honestly it really doesn't matter too much which way you go, both are duty ready. I also have a CMT Mlok rail that I like very much. Geissele would probably be the way to go if you want the most robust rail, however, you are going to pay for it in cost and additional weight.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I've got both, the DD MFR and the BCM MCMR. The DD would be my personnel preference but honestly it really doesn't matter too much which way you go, both are duty ready. I also have a CMT Mlok rail that I like very much. Geissele would probably be the way to go if you want the most robust rail, however, you are going to pay for it in cost and additional weight.
    Plus one on the CMT rail. I have not had the chance to run it hard yet but very much impressed with the quality and robustness. At any price they are good rails but at what they charge they are downright bargains IMHO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast