Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DD MFR vs BCM MCMR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I've got both, the DD MFR and the BCM MCMR. The DD would be my personnel preference but honestly it really doesn't matter too much which way you go, both are duty ready. I also have a CMT Mlok rail that I like very much. Geissele would probably be the way to go if you want the most robust rail, however, you are going to pay for it in cost and additional weight.
    Plus one on the CMT rail. I have not had the chance to run it hard yet but very much impressed with the quality and robustness. At any price they are good rails but at what they charge they are downright bargains IMHO.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Of what's listed, I'd go BCM OP.

SLR Ion rails are worth a look too IMO. Very solid mounting system, 7 sided Mlok, tons of length options, and 7075 instead of 6061.

10.7" SLR Ion on a 11.5"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Of what's listed, I'd go BCM OP.

SLR Ion rails are worth a look too IMO. Very solid mounting system, 7 sided Mlok, tons of length options, and 7075 instead of 6061.

10.7" SLR Ion on a 11.5"
    Which series is 7075?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by grizzman; 11-24-21 at 22:31.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Which series is 7075?

The Ion Lites. Or at least they used to be, if material availability is tight they may have switched.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The specs state the barrel nut is 7075, but doesn't specify the rail's material. It seems the 7075 version was called the HDX or Heavy Duty, which has been fairly recently discontinued, but they're still available from a few vendors.

My only DD rails are old Lite quad rails. I've got several KMRs and KMR Alphas. I've needed to heat up every BCM rail so even though DD's attachment method seems more sturdy, I doubt I could apply enough torque to the handguard to rotate it. I agree that the BCMs seem to favor light weight over strength.
    Last edited by grizzman; 11-25-21 at 00:13.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    The specs state the barrel nut is 7075, but doesn't specify the rail's material. It seems the 7075 version was called the HDX or Heavy Duty, which has been fairly recently discontinued, but they're still available from a few vendors.

My only DD rails are old Lite quad rails. I've got several KMRs and KMR Alphas. I've needed to heat up every BCM rail so even though DD's attachment method seems more sturdy, I doubt I could apply enough torque to the handguard to rotate it. I agree that the BCMs seem to favor light weight over strength.
    They might've changed it then, they used to explicitly state 7075 for the rail as well.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    I have only had DD quad rails before and while they are solid, its too bulky. As for their mlock stuff I can't comment. I do have 3 other rifles with the BCM MCMR and I love them. All things the same the BCM looks like they are cheaper. Both are top quality manufacturers and I don't think you could go wrong with either.
    I swappedoutmy old DD quadrails for the MCMR onmy HD rifle afew years ago. The rifle felt pounds lighter afterward & can highly recommend the MCMR as it's given good service since
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I've hated every skinny MLOK rail I've used, including 2 or 3 MCMRs. Too narrow for my hand size, and they get hot as shit faster than the fatter MLOK rails and definitely faster than God's favorite, the 1913 quad rail.
    This right here. I’ve regressed to grating cheese with DD and Larue quads on most of my guns.

OP, if you’re in need of MLOK and considering DD, take a look at the MFR XL rails, too. The shovelnose is silly (opinion, not fact), but it is dimensionally similar to the KAC URX4, like .1” larger.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Well, I ended up going with the MCMR. The extra $100 didn’t seem necessary at this time. The only things that will be mounted to it are a KAG and a Mini a scout light. And once they are in place, they won’t be moved.

Thank you all for the input.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123