Thread: Anderson Bolt cracked.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Anderson Bolt cracked.

I picked up a part time job at a gun range and ran into this gem in October and figured I post it. A guy came in with a new Anderson complete rifle and it was his first AR15. The guy was in his mid forties and he was excited to shoot it. He came back in after about 10 mins saying something was wrong with his rifle and it wouldn't cycle. We broke down the rifle and I found the following and I wasn't really surprised. I know Anderson are horrible quality, but when it cant even last 3 rounds of M193 that is just disgusting. I explained to him the long history of Andersons subpar QC of their products and he wasn't happy. We Inspected the carrier and it looked fine and no other damage to the upper was found. I told him to order a complete BCM bolt carrier and this wont be a issue again. He got the rifle very cheap in the 400.00 range and I said even a budget smith and Wesson M&P rifle is leaps in quality above Andersons. He asked what should he do and my advice was to repair the rifle and continue to shoot the rifle and try to enjoy it. I did advise him to replace the other known cheap parts that Anderson likes to cut corners on and he should be good to go. Really makes me mad at the crap they still put out and people still try to argue its all just a roll mark.
    anderson.jpg
    Last edited by zack991; 11-20-21 at 23:25.