Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My covid experience

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    (M)onoclonal (A)ntibodies

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Monoclonal Antibodies (got lazy and abbreviated).
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    My BIL and his whole family got COVID a couple of week ago. They live in NC. I messaged him and asked him if they were going to get the M-A. He was like "What is that?" I explained it to him and how, within 7-10 days of developing symptoms, that it was phenomenal at keeping the disease from progressing. He Googled it and found somewhere near him that did it. The next day they all went and got the infusion. Felt better within a day or so. FWIW they were all unvaccinated.

He is 53yo, runs marathons, healthy as a horse. Apparently he wasn't turned away. Maybe it differs by state? Last month when I had my twice-a-year PCP appointment I asked my doc that if I got COVID would he prescribe M-A. He said, yeah no problem, we do it all the time.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My BIL and his whole family got COVID a couple of week ago. They live in NC. I messaged him and asked him if they were going to get the M-A. He was like "What is that?" I explained it to him and how, within 7-10 days of developing symptoms, that it was phenomenal at keeping the disease from progressing. He Googled it and found somewhere near him that did it. The next day they all went and got the infusion. Felt better within a day or so. FWIW they were all unvaccinated.

He is 53yo, runs marathons, healthy as a horse. Apparently he wasn't turned away. Maybe it differs by state? Last month when I had my twice-a-year PCP appointment I asked my doc that if I got COVID would he prescribe M-A. He said, yeah no problem, we do it all the time.
    Yeah I'm not sure how it works. I probably should find out. Maybe they just called one place and stopped..... I don't know. I texted my cousin and he said they called and were told no. So I'm not sure how much looking they did or how hard they pressed or.....

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    One of the nurses my wife works with asked her if she wanted monoclonal antibodies, I think tomorrow she might go in and receive that treatment just to make sure it’s knocked out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure how it works. I probably should find out. Maybe they just called one place and stopped..... I don't know. I texted my cousin and he said they called and were told no. So I'm not sure how much looking they did or how hard they pressed or.....
    Oh I'd press HARD. Screw their "qualifying factors". If there is a reluctance to give M-A it's because the powers-that-be are afraid it will discourage getting a vaccine.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Honu, you did have symptoms!
    YUP but the few I had were not on the list of the questions he asked ?
    He pretty much asked just the things I see on so many sites about that treatment that are bulleted

He also said talking with you seeing you and your symptoms are so minimal it wont help or something to that effect ? As it really only works on folks that have serious issues ?
    No idea if he truly thought and needs better info and guidance or I truly would not have benefited ?

I just figure if I felt worse I would just find the doc that will get me what I want ? But I never felt like I needed to go that route

But going to work on getting a doc in line that I like and see eye to eye with on things lined up if/when it happens again and just for checkups etc...

Feedback Score
    Oh I'd press HARD. Screw their "qualifying factors". If there is a reluctance to give M-A it's because the powers-that-be are afraid it will discourage getting a vaccine.
    Hahahah I wondered about that interesting ya said that !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    One of the nurses my wife works with asked her if she wanted monoclonal antibodies, I think tomorrow she might go in and receive that treatment just to make sure it’s knocked out.
    Dude, I work in the medical field and have paid attention throughout this whole COVID fiasco. M-A are the most well-kept "secret" out there with regards to COVID. Trump got them last year when he had it and I recall wondering "WTF are monoclonal-antibodies?" They weren't widely available then, they are now. M-A's are what FJB was trying to limit access to a couple of months ago to states with low vaccination rates. Cocksucking bastard......
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Does seem everyone feels better within a day or so !!! And seems to be the thing to do !

I do say if I had not lost my smell not sure I would have noticed anything until my lung thing and again it was so nill I might have taken note and just rode that out for a few days and think I had a very mild case of bronchitis or cold due to the weather change here in AZ ? Before getting it checked out

Glad to hear your BIL and fam got it nipped !!!!
    Curious if they had cough or shortness of breathe ? As that seems besides the smell thing to be the most common symptom

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    Does seem everyone feels better within a day or so !!! And seems to be the thing to do !

I do say if I had not lost my smell not sure I would have noticed anything until my lung thing and again it was so nill I might have taken note and just rode that out for a few days and think I had a very mild case of bronchitis or cold due to the weather change here in AZ ? Before getting it checked out

Glad to hear your BIL and fam got it nipped !!!!
    Curious if they had cough or shortness of breathe ? As that seems besides the smell thing to be the most common symptom
    The evening I talked to my BIL he sounded like shit. Said he sounded worse than he was but when you don't talk to someone for months you tend to notice. He had a "croupy" cough too while I was talking to him.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast