Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cook the turkey

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Mmmm.....lamb!! (Homer Simpson voice). Absolutely love lamb. Cold smoked and with your favorite brown liquor is amazing!!
    That's how mine came out each and every time. No matter the recipe, instructions, time and temp. No matter who made it. My grandma, my mom, my sister, me... didn't matter. The wings and thighs would be good but you'd need a bucket of water to chase down the breast.

A few years ago said screw this crap. I'm not going to suffer through dinner just because. Besides, the original thanksgiving probably had everything but turkey. Anyway, few years ago I mentioned it to my sister and surprisingly she felt the same way and was on board. Everyone sucked it up because "tradition". Last year I made brisket. This year my sister is making duck, this should be interesting.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I have found if they are “dry” the most common mistake is being over cooked.
    Buy a food thermometer and cook till 165 degrees and pull it when it reaches temperature. The one I cooked yesterday was done but the “indicator “ or “popper” never popped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I got ahead of myself in the original post and just mentioned I didn’t like wasting the oil for a single fry but I forgot to mention that I use a Big Easy oil free propane fryer. That thing is awesome. I have racks for legs, wings, turkey basket, ka-bobs, and maybe even a few more. It works great.

It even has a tray at the bottom one can place a tin foil pan in to catch the drippings for making gravy with.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 11-24-21 at 10:10.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    I have found if they are “dry” the most common mistake is being over cooked.
    Buy a food thermometer and cook till 165 degrees and pull it when it reaches temperature. The one I cooked yesterday was done but the “indicator “ or “popper” never popped.
    This is they way. (Stolen from the Mando’s)

I pull them out when I fry, air or oil, just because I don’t want to melt them. Might not, but not risking it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So I break out the bird and ask the wife where the creole butter injection stuff is at because I can not find it. I see the look a terror on her face as she forgot to pick it up the prior week. Since I have 7-8 of Mr. Larue’s triggers, I figured I would sample his recipe. I will NEVER buy that jarred injector mix again. LaRue’s recipe is the absolute best turkey injection recipe I have ever had. I did modify it slightly and used Zatarain’s instead of Tony’s seasoning. I find Tony’s has a little too much sodium.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    To me, nothing better than traditional.

Butter basted turkey in the oven and leftovers for days. Just wouldn't feel right if we did it any differently. Only time I eat turkey anyway. Stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, corn, etc. Lots of excuses to heat up the oven for a cake pan full of leftovers.

I save the hams and the roasts for other occasions. News years eve I typically do lobster tails and ribeye steaks, that's good eating.
    I like your style
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I'm sure. But never a tradition at my house so no need to hunt and find.
    I REALLY like your style!
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345