Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your guns are going to fail

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    That’s me. Other than sights, lights and (sometimes) furniture I don’t do anything else to my SD guns. Never had a malfunction caused by anything other than crappy ammo or a bad magazine. But maybe I am just lucky.
    Same although I had an issue with a particular brand of rifle and a particular brand of ammo. Same ammo different rifle was ok. Same rifle different ammo was ok too! So I just don't buy that ammo anymore.

Otherwise I've just never been the accessorizing type. Not with cars, not with firearms, nothing that I can think of. Partially because I just am not that into it. I like firearms enough to shoot and enjoy the historical or the self defense side. I think it takes a higher level of interest to start accessorizing. In a perfect world I would be given a gun for daily use then I would return it and get a clean one at the end of the day! I wouldn't even have to look at it or clean or anything. The other part is I'm a cheap prick and I can't bring myself to spend hundreds of dollars on some aftermarket accessory without ever trying it first. That $300 rail is cool but if it doesn't work for me then what? That money doesn't grow on trees!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The Crane approved trigger is the SSF so the SSA is the semi version, is that the one that failed?
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Your Glock must be the exception. Or perhaps the sights were not torqued enough, I don’t know.
    What I do know, is I have a Glock 22 that’s been in the family for about 15 years.
    Meprolight night sights installed for 12 of those 15 years, thousands, and thousands of .40, which we all know has sharper recoil the 9mm….and I still have a front sight.
    I’m thinking your sight was either stripped, or not torqued correctly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I replace OEM Glock sights with steel sights and leave the rest of the pistol as it came from the factory. I haven't had any issues.

I saw a shooter sending rounds down range, then stop because the front sight came off of his brand new, fresh out of the box S&W Sigma. I had the same thing happen to me with a Taurus TCP380.

This is why you shake down your equipment before putting it into serious use.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Okie, count yourself fortunate that you got to figure that shit out ahead of time.

This is how you find out if your shit is TRULY solid. You run it.

That's how some of us DO know our shit is GTG.
    ^^^This. I've seen some very expensive guns go down in classes, with just a little bit of rain or hard use
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, but my experience has been different.

I've got several Glocks with over ten thousand rounds through them after dozens of classes and I've not lost a front sight on any of them. Nor a rear sight for that matter.

Like wise on the AR triggers. I've got whatever came standard on 2008 LMT lowers, some stripped lowers built with DD parts kits, and some with Geissele ALG triggers or SSA triggers. Again with multiple thousands of rounds of practice shooting and classes with not one single failure of any kind in the bunch.

My guns appear to not be failing. I suppose any of them could fail the next time out, but they haven't so far.
    My experience mirrors this as well.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My word mRad, just how much do you shoot?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    My word mRad, just how much do you shoot?
    Not as much as I used to. The last two years were not normal, but 2019 when components and ammo were available, I shot 20,000 9mm and 10k 5.56mm. I put around 2500 rounds through various bolt guns. When I was heavy into PRS and F-Class I’d run around 5,000 in bolt guns and less in handguns. In typical years, I shoot two to four USPSA matches a month and two precision rifle matches a month…until hunting season.

2021 I’ve shot about 5,000 combined pistol, rifle, shotgun. I like to keep reserves up so until prices come down, I just won’t spend the money. I’m not paying for $125/k primers quite yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What do you think has more engineering, your AR or the Space Shuttle?

The Shuttle has turned into a Bottle Rocket TWICE...

Your "Tier One" rifle....WILL BREAK. They ALL break sooner or later- assuming actual use vs. Instagram bullshit.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Probably okay but it's stock Colt for me from here on out. I just don't have the ammo to find all the gremlins out there, and who knows if or when prices will return to normal.
    Are you sure about that? Buy quality from a manufacturer that will take care of it if something happens, but don’t think any one company is particularly above ever having a problem.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Safety-Recall

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast