Thread: I am really struggling with LPVOs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    Begs the question: "What is the 'mission set' for the HD citizen?" I'm told above that things are different in NJ compared to the FL panhandle compared to (where ever I'm from)...might that not be the same variance from individual to individual...region to region?

Somewhere between the Red Dawn LARPing fantasies of donning NVG's, plate carriers and the white bread reality that your encounter will just as likely be with your CCW outside your home or not be as planned if defending your home. If going by "most likely", we should all just have j-frames and 870's and drive a Toyota Camry.
    The defining parameters of an armed citizen are probably more blurred than any of the others IMHO.

I won't disagree that fore solely short-range, reactive, CQB style shooting is why I still have a dedicated Rifle with an Aimpoint, but as stated it is a "niche'" weapon. Or potentially, an ACOG/rmr may indeed be a better value for some.

My other guns, I also hunt, compete, and shoot them for general amusement as well in addition to being able to do 98+% of the above job.

IF an individual were looking to follow the example, it would indeed be that of an LE sniper based on the individual/pair dynamic, general emphasis on skill and stealth over dynamic violence of action given the probability of working as an individual (or pair if you're lucky). And (despite what some here think) the context of application of force based not on .mil ROE but state criminal statute.

...but obviously I'm a bit biased toward that role.
    Amended.....
    Good post

Happy Thanksgiving
    Last edited by RUTGERS95; 11-25-21 at 12:37.