Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: I am really struggling with LPVOs

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Ah there it is…the old Aimpoint vs Acog flat range logic parroted for over 20 years. Way to keep it up new guy who probably didn’t read anything but the title.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    Ah there it is…the old Aimpoint vs Acog flat range logic parroted for over 20 years. Way to keep it up new guy who probably didn’t read anything but the title.
    Yup. The last match I shot had a 200yd stage and I was trying my MK18 with EOTech out of curiosity. I couldn’t even see some of the gongs at that distance, just had to guess about where the small ones were based off of the big ones that I could see and hope that I’d hit before I ran out of ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Exactly. It’s a pretty easy statement to make when you’re at a range shooting at targets. Now put yourself in a scenario that has a rifle in hand for reasons other than target practice. I’ve got pretty good eyesight, but at that distance a RDS isn’t going to help me know if what I’m seeing has a weapon pointed at me or not. Now factor in real world cover/concealment, foliage, shadows, and structures.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Its a great way how to show you have zero training or any concept on real world scenarios or did he read anything posted previously.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Exactly. It’s a pretty easy statement to make when you’re at a range shooting at targets. Now put yourself in a scenario that has a rifle in hand for reasons other than target practice. I’ve got pretty good eyesight, but at that distance a RDS isn’t going to help me know if what I’m seeing has a weapon pointed at me or not. Now factor in real world cover/concealment, foliage, shadows, and structures.
    end thread, bingo and arguing otherwise is ignorant

Feedback Score
    I did not realize having a low post count on an anonymous internet forum automatically invalidated ones opinion or personal training and experience. By that logic you must be a navy seal. Save the crap talking for Call of duty.

Now for the OP, if you like an ACOG over an LPVO, rock it, they have a place and a purpose.

My current issued rifle has a Leupold MK6, 1-6x20mm that replaced the TA31 ACOG which I quite enjoy. But if 50-100 is your game a hard recommendation could be made for an RDS.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Dial it back, everyone.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Yup. The last match I shot had a 200yd stage and I was trying my MK18 with EOTech out of curiosity. I couldn’t even see some of the gongs at that distance, just had to guess about where the small ones were based off of the big ones that I could see and hope that I’d hit before I ran out of ammo.

This of course is all very dependant on the person. I can see a lot of things at distance that others cannot, and their are people better then me.

I personally do pretty good out to 200 yards. Beyond that, and I want magnification.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    This of course is all very dependant on the person. I can see a lot of things at distance that others cannot, and their are people better then me.

I personally do pretty good out to 200 yards. Beyond that, and I want magnification.

Soli Deo Gloria
    It is, but being able to see a 4” gong at 200m is pretty unlikely based on that match alone.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    It is, but being able to see a 4” gong at 200m is pretty unlikely based on that match alone.

Dude just let them dig their own holes so we can clearly know who actually has relevant experience and who to ignore. Clearly all these guys have such awesome hawk vision they don't need ANY help when trying to find obscured targets, targets the blend into the environment or under different lighting conditions, peering into dark buildings ect.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast