Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: I am really struggling with LPVOs

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have done run and guns where the targets wore camo bdu tops. Good guys in multi cam bad guys in digital. Had to figure out which was which. Some were set up in pretty dense woods. 1-6 vortex helped greatly.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I didn't see anyone mention the thing that is most problematic for me when using LPVO's.

Getting it far enough forward.

I've used a great variety of 1-4, 1-6, and even 1-10 (March) scopes, the $300 ones and the $2400 ones. 98% of the mounts out there do not place the scope far enough forward for me. I can't come close to getting my nose on the charging handle, I have to hunch way the hell back into a very unnatural position. It's irritating as hell and surely I'm not the only one....? And yes I refuse to clamp it on half on the receiver and half on the fore end.

This is the only one I've found that works well for me. A couple others come close, all the rest are 2" or more too far back:
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/dnz-pro...-pic-rail.html

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I didn't see anyone mention the thing that is most problematic for me when using LPVO's.

I've used a great variety of 1-4, 1-6, and even 1-10 (March) scopes, the $300 ones and the $2400 ones. 98% of the mounts out there do not place the scope far enough forward for me. I can't come close to getting my nose on the charging handle, I have to hunch way the hell back into a very unnatural position. It's irritating as hell and surely I'm not the only one....? And yes I refuse to clamp it on half on the receiver and half on the fore end.

This is the only one I've found that works well for me. A couple others come close, all the rest are 2" or more too far back:

Nightforce HighPower mount is built for this I believe....can't say for sure NTC ain't my jam nor do I see it much in LPVO/Carbine use. If anything, dudes are in a bigger hurry to get that sucker up higher in the air...1.93"...2.04"...2.26"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Have you checked out Geissele hyper extended mounts?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

respectfully, wtf are you talking about? There is a litany of mounts out there that put the optic far enough forward for you to get nose down. ADM, NF, Gesiell, MI, and more all make mounts that extend forward for this

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Dude just let them dig their own holes so we can clearly know who actually has relevant experience and who to ignore. Clearly all these guys have such awesome hawk vision they don't need ANY help when trying to find obscured targets, targets the blend into the environment or under different lighting conditions, peering into dark buildings ect.
    plus 1

'dude, don't you red dot bro' lol

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    98% of the mounts out there do not place the scope far enough forward for me.
    Tried the LaRue SPR-E?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Ned, I’m also a NTCH shooter. I just got this Trijicon 1-6 scope and ADM Recon X mount which allows a solid NTCH position.

I agree with you in that I can’t see how most mounts are used without extending the stock all the way out.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I do have an SPRE here somewhere. I don't remember why but for some reason I remember there being something about it that precluded it from being in the juuuuust right category. Maybe I need to dig it out and re-check it.

Yeah, maybe I haven't tried them all but that's the hell of it. That's expensive. When I look at products, sometimes the dimensions aren't in the info / can't really be sure from the pics. I remember looking at that ADM one a couple years ago but I didn't buy it.

I just got a SIG Tango 6T and the SIG Alpha 3 mount. The scope is sofar so wonderful. The Alpha 3, beautifully made and can't use it.

Together they are pushing $1600 retail. Then there is the SIG Tango MSR that for under $300 comes with a mount that looks almost identical to the Alpha 3. The Tango MSR is a 98% match visually with the Tango 6T. Anyone seen both in the same room?

Edit- just checked the ADM site, wow on the info, drawings and dimensions and all, good on them!

I have the Geiselle Hyper Extend-o and it was not forward enough for an LPVO so it does 4-16X duty.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

I also have this problem, and tried a couple mounts to remedy it, such as the G ones. I ended up just running the stock longer with a ADM Recon H. Once I got used to that, I’ve been fine, and I don’t really notice a problem anymore.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast