Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Think I’m getting a Sig 365 sas for christmas

Feedback Score

Think I’m getting a Sig 365 sas for christmas

Are there any well known issues with this platform? I’ve heard the mags rust.

Feedback Score
    Some have had issues with the sights being really off zero, and I’m pretty sure they are not adjustable. But, the one I shot was on and I could easily hit steel out to 20ish yards. Wouldn’t want to have to shoot farther than that with that sight package.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Rear sight is drift adj. for windage.
    Mine required a few raps with a heavy brass drift rod.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 91wm6 View Post
    Are there any well known issues with this platform? I’ve heard the mags rust.
    The sights are essentially worthless, and significantly limit the employment options of what can otherwise be a useful gun.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    The sights are essentially worthless, and significantly limit the employment options of what can otherwise be a useful gun.
    This. I tried one and hated it. I have talked to others as well with the same opinion.

I love the P365 but the SAS is a gimmick.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You definitely want the standard p365 over the SAS. The SAS is answering questions no one asked.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Think I’m getting a Sig 365 sas for christmas

I like mine and is my edc. There are 3 differences between this and a standard one.

1. The removal of front sight and side control for a pocket carry. I don’t care about this as I am not a pocket carrier. If I pocket carry, it’s either a da 380 or a .38 air weight.

2. The porting. Here is where the sofa ninja starts repeating the muzzle flash and if you shoot it at the hip…all the problems that creates. Debunk 1, all self defense ammo uses low flash gun powder. Try it. And you don’t think there is a flash coming from the end of the barrel? Debunk 2, yes there are some gas and such going up out of the port…but with an empty gun, you can see it’s a 1 in a 1000 chance this perfect storm would happen in a sd situation. The pro is that it does provide less muzzle rise for quicker back on target acquisition.

3. The biggie. The sights supposedly suck. Don’t take this as an offense, boys…but you suck. . All kidding aside, this sight takes practice. No difference than when you picked up your iron sight for the first time. Most people don’t have patience for it. I practiced bringing the gun up…like trap shooters with shotguns. After a few weeks, it was easy as pulling up iron. It is no difference than transitioning to red dot on pistols. People poo poo red dots for the same reason…can’t find the dot. So much that primary arms came up with AcSS?..to help you find it.

That said, I changed out the the disassembly lever and slide stop for standard ones. Upgraded to the flat trigger. And I did the 507k…which is a big plus. I did that to match my other edc, the p365xl. Looking at griffin the armament mini comp for it. The sas allows for red dot application with a purchase of a plate.

Not insulting anyone…but the gun is fine. Get it, practice, and have fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sikiguya; 11-23-21 at 10:19.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The P365 is hard on the action spring and extractor. Get spares for both.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    I didn't know/think the P365SAS' rear sight was even drift adjustable as mentioned in Post3. Is it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the slightly bigger P365XL and it's been a great gun. I chose it over the regular P365 due to the striker drag issues. All micro 9mms have this issue but the P365, being the smallest, seemed to be the one that has it the worst. Sig is on it's like 4th version of the striker to try and get them from not breaking anymore. I havent heard of this being an issue with the newer models but it nagged at me enough to just step up to the XL.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast