Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10.3 Inch Ballistic Advantage Hanson Barrel

Feedback Score

10.3 Inch Ballistic Advantage Hanson Barrel

I have a 10.3 inch Ballistic Advantage Hanson profile barrel in one of my builds and I have been very impressed with it. I was just wondering how well these barrels’ accuracy holds up with heating up after higher round counts. I get the concept of saving the weight up front and keeping it in the rear for the harmonics, but I was just wondering how well they perform under higher round count scenarios. I am specifically wondering about the 10.3 inch Hanson barrel. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Aren't you in the position to test this yourself? Do a mag dump and check accuracy?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Aren't you in the position to test this yourself? Do a mag dump and check accuracy?
    I was asking for anyone else’s experiences too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a1madrid View Post
    I have a 10.3 inch Ballistic Advantage Hanson profile barrel in one of my builds and I have been very impressed with it. I was just wondering how well these barrels’ accuracy holds up with heating up after higher round counts. I get the concept of saving the weight up front and keeping it in the rear for the harmonics, but I was just wondering how well they perform under higher round count scenarios. I am specifically wondering about the 10.3 inch Hanson barrel. Thank you.

This depends entirely on what you expect from the rifle. It also hinges on a couple of other factors. What optic, what ammo, what range/purpose do you have in mind, what is your skill set. Concerning yourself with possible accuracy degradation from a 10.3" barrel without first addressing the other factors is pointless.

Feedback Score
    How many rounds of continuous fire would it take to get a barrel so hot it won't shoot minute of man?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    How many rounds of continuous fire would it take to get a barrel so hot it won't shoot minute of man?
    I guess this is kinda my question. I could go out and dump mag after mag and see what it does at 100 yards (practical 10.3 range) but I was wondering if anyone had done any testing such as this or had any previous data from thoroughly reviewing this barrel profile. I maybe have a few hundred rounds through it and I wasn’t running it that hard. I’m just curious honestly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    This depends entirely on what you expect from the rifle. It also hinges on a couple of other factors. What optic, what ammo, what range/purpose do you have in mind, what is your skill set. Concerning yourself with possible accuracy degradation from a 10.3" barrel without first addressing the other factors is pointless.
    I’m talking about working the terminally effective range of a 10.3 barrel. I could go out and dump mag after mag and burn through what is pretty much worth gold at this point but I was wondering if anyone had any previous data on this barrel profile from their personal experiences.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    I’m talking about within the terminally effective range of a 10.3 barrel. I could go out and dump mag after mag and burn through what is pretty much worth gold at this point but I was wondering if anyone had any previous data on this barrel profile from their personal experiences.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Depending on how hot you get it, you may see the groups shift or open up. But short of destroying the barrel through purposeful abuse, I doubt you end up being unable to hit center mass at 100 yards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    Depending on how hot you get it, you may see the groups shift or open up. But short of destroying the barrel through purposeful abuse, I doubt you end up being unable to hit center mass at 100 yards.
    That’s what I figured. Even though it’s thinner out front than a government profile barrel, one shouldn’t expect it to perform like a pencil barrel under heat?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast