Thread: Went in to find a $18 Tango Down grip and ended up with an upper and lower...What the

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Went in to find a $18 Tango Down grip and ended up with an upper and lower...What the

Went into PSA looking for a $18 grip, which they didn't have. I looked at their stripped lowers because they had a "stealth" one for $59. Ended up deciding against it because honestly I'm not the biggest PSA fan. But then I remember they had a daily deal of 10.5 uppers minus BCG for $199 online but I was wondering what their Nitride vs Phophate looked like. They had both on the wall so I asked to see them. The nitride one was $239 but then I noticed it had a BCG and charging handle in it! At this point even if I didn't want one this became a no brainer. Sadly I looked at 4 of their uppers before I found one that had no damage to it. But I ended up with a mint one and headed home. Talking to my buddy I mentioned how now I have no lower for this upper because all of the lowers I have are projects in work. So damn.......Had to turn around and get the stripped "stealth" lower.

So now I'm taking a trip for a $20 grip and turned it into by the end of the weekend I will have a fully functional 10.5 AR. LOL What the hell happened?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That sorted out your 5.56 vs .300 BLK dilemma.

Feedback Score
    While I am NOT a fan of PSA at all I DO have a few of their lowers and so do a few friends of mine, and also a few family members.

I have personally experienced or observed zero issues with them. Nada, None... Somehow they seem to get those right.

Feedback Score
    PSA is making $$$ hand over fist. I won't begrudge them that. Anything adding to the Evil Black Rifle market is pretty much GTG in my mind. They do advertise "quality" ranking, i.e "premium" vs other levels. I don't own much made by them specifically, but have bought parts made by others from their website (like the FN made 20" CHF chrome lined barrel on an A2/A4 clone). They are now making AK's and are moving into manufacturing Com-Bloc ammunition too.

More power to 'em!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I don't own much made by them specifically, but have bought parts made by others from their website (like the FN made 20" CHF chrome lined barrel on an A2/A4 clone)...
    Believe it or not I have bought complete Colt rifles from them in the past. At the time it was free shipping and no tax - I couldn't click the order button fast enough!

Complete Colt rifles in the Colt factory boxes with the normal Colt factory accessories included that were packed inside the bigger PSA boxes!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    PSA is making $$$ hand over fist. I won't begrudge them that. Anything adding to the Evil Black Rifle market is pretty much GTG in my mind. They do advertise "quality" ranking, i.e "premium" vs other levels. I don't own much made by them specifically, but have bought parts made by others from their website (like the FN made 20" CHF chrome lined barrel on an A2/A4 clone). They are now making AK's and are moving into manufacturing Com-Bloc ammunition too.

More power to 'em!
    I saw that they were selling AK' s now, that's cool. Looked like decent prices too considering the current market. Funny how AK's are more expensive than AR's now. Used to be the opposite.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    That sorted out your 5.56 vs .300 BLK dilemma.
    Not really LOL

I'm looking at this one as a "freebee"

I think it will end up being my first rattle can build.