Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I never want to hear anyone say the forward assist is useless ever again!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I build and buy all of my rifles with a forward assist when I have the option. I have used it to verify the condition of a rifle occasionally.

As stated above, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I don't get religious about such things, people are free to think and do as they please in a free country.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I never thought so people would get the panties in a bunch over something as innocuous as a forward assist.

It's like some one you had a forward assist slap your mom.

WTF?

As for Kyle, I am damn proud of that kid. Madison Cawthorn offered him an internship. I hope he takes it and works his way up to a Congressman or more. Can you imagine Kyle walking the same halls as AOC? She might crap herself. Maybe she's all show and will let Kyle feel those commie boobies since he's more of a man than anything she will ever be with.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    I would hope the poor kid wouldn’t settle for ole horse face’s tits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Tl;Dr: If it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I never thought so people would get the panties in a bunch over something as innocuous as a forward assist.
    It's so retarded. Both dogmatic sides of it. I definitely like them on my guns, but if guys don't want one, fine.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    As for Kyle, I am damn proud of that kid. Madison Cawthorn offered him an internship. I hope he takes it and works his way up to a Congressman or more. Can you imagine Kyle walking the same halls as AOC? She might crap herself. Maybe she's all show and will let Kyle feel those commie boobies since he's more of a man than anything she will ever be with.
    Everything I have seen on The Tucker snippets has only increased his standing in my mind.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Never heard it from me, it has happened to lots of people who used early versions of M16 w/sometimes suspect lots
    of M-193 or just filthy from hard use in a short period of time malfunctions, made worse by a lack of proper cleaning
    gear.

Feedback Score
    It’s rather easy to remove the forward assist if you don’t like it. I’ll keep mine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    I didn’t say they weren’t running hot. But they would press check on approach.

Sometimes a round not going into battery isn’t the round…

The FA doesn’t cost much and doesn’t weigh much. In fact, rifles without it sometimes cost MORE because slick is a niche. I don’t care what you do, but the notion of FA “forcing a round” is bullshit.

If you need to press check it's because you don't/didn't know the condition of your rifle or it was not loaded. Either way, it's a dumb practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    This sure sounds like the gun is not hot and they are trying to stealthily make it hot:

didn’t want to risk the sound of a whole team dropping bolts. They would feel the round on the bolt, ease the charge handle into battery then use the FA.
    100% correct!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Maybe people should step back a bit and get some perspective. Do we know if and what kind of training he had? Maybe self taught? Had he had some prior usage of the FA that he thought worked for him? If I were in his shoes with literally seconds to apply what I did know, would I spend the extra time racking a possible faulty round out or would I take a shot at hitting the FA? In his mind at that moment hitting the FA was the way to live. That will do for me.
    So a one off example of the FA being used is enough to convince you that it's necessary? The exception does not make the rule. I'm glad Kyle smoked those shitbags but, I'm not about to copy what was used or occurred during the event based solely on the event. I guess by your logic we should all wear purple laytex gloves as they provided superb control of the rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Bill Alexander referenced surf and arctic uses for the FA.
    Great write up. No one here is doing beach infiltration so that is a moot point. Pushing the bolt forward in arctic conditions can be done with a gloved hand. Even with a bare hand contact with the bolt scallop has zero effect on the bolt rotating or otherwise working properly. The "press check" method using the magazine and the top round position works day or night with any rifle that uses a double stack/double feed magazine. All without ever having to touch the bolt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    If you need to press check it's because you don't/didn't know the condition of your rifle or it was not loaded. Either way, it's a dumb practice.

100% correct!!

So a one off example of the FA being used is enough to convince you that it's necessary? The exception does not make the rule. I'm glad Kyle smoked those shitbags but, I'm not about to copy what was used or occurred during the event based solely on the event. I guess by your logic we should all wear purple laytex gloves as they provided superb control of the rifle..

Great write up. No one here is doing beach infiltration so that is a moot point. Pushing the bolt forward in arctic conditions can be done with a gloved hand. Even with a bare hand contact with the bolt scallop has zero effect on the bolt rotating or otherwise working properly. The "press check" method using the magazine and the top round position works day or night with any rifle that uses a double stack/double feed magazine. All without ever having to touch the bolt.
    Guys smarter and more experienced than you practice it.

It’s dumb to complain about existence of FA.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast