Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery Trial

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Ahmaud Arbery Trial

I am confused why Kyle Rittenhouse's actions are painted as white supremacy but the president has not weighed in on this trial. I honestly thought it was a slam dunk and 3 guys will be in prison for hunting down and murdering a black man.

Is the trial less in the limelight because it is so clear cut, or is it possible they will be found to have shot Ahmaud in self defense?

I have not been following the trial too closely.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 11-24-21 at 07:30.

Feedback Score
    Not saying I have insider information here, but remember how the media lied about Kyle? Yeah…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's politics, pure and simple. The men who killed Ahmaud Arbery used a shotgun. Kyle Rittenhouse used an AR-15. A shotgun is considered a sporting firearm and an AR-15 is considered a military style firearm.

The end result of being shot by either weapon was the same.
    Last edited by T2C; 11-24-21 at 08:06.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m very conflicted on this. Should the three man have chased him down with firearms and attempted a “citizens arrest”? Considering their though that he was a burglar entering a property that didn’t belong to either of the three, no. But when you see the video of Arbery trying to wrestle the gun away, are you supposed to let him and take the chance that he doesn’t start shooting back? I think about if I was in his position. Three armed men stop me claiming citizens arrest. Ok, I’m sure they would have to get LEO there for the actual arrest. Fine, bring the cops and let them sort this out. What I’m not going to do is try to wrestle a gun away from any of them. As wrong as they were morally in doing what they did, I can’t see it as being wrong legally.

Feedback Score
    These men chased a man down for over 4 minutes, they attempted to violate his Constitutional right to freedom of travel and freedom to not talk to people you don't want to talk to. They had ZERO evidence that he had just committed a crime.

I watched the video, it isn't clear if the black guy did in fact try to disarm the white guy.

Lastly the 3rd suspect stated that the old man used the "N" word while standing over the dead or dying black guy.

These 3 white guys were 100% wrong and I hope they are convicted and enjoy genpop.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The case is ultimately about whether they had probable cause to believe Arbery was committing a felony when they tried to pull a citizen's arrest under GA law. Far as I understand it, it's all built on that aspect of GA law. From what I understand, it sounds like they are on very thin ice with that as the crux of their defense. Whether we think they were racially motivated (and I do personally), there has to be evidence of that, and make the case they would not have done the same for a white kid who'd walked around the construction site.

I do tend to think it's just what it appears, a racially motivated event that went sideways in a manner they'd not expected, but whether the evidence demonstrates it, and that nullifies the laws, etc, is another matter.

I have not been watching this case as I did the other, so can't comment in depth. I suspect they will be found guilty of at least some of the charges from what others I know who have been watching the case are saying.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I’m very conflicted on this. Should the three man have chased him down with firearms and attempted a “citizens arrest”? Considering their though that he was a burglar entering a property that didn’t belong to either of the three, no. But when you see the video of Arbery trying to wrestle the gun away, are you supposed to let him and take the chance that he doesn’t start shooting back? I think about if I was in his position. Three armed men stop me claiming citizens arrest. Ok, I’m sure they would have to get LEO there for the actual arrest. Fine, bring the cops and let them sort this out. What I’m not going to do is try to wrestle a gun away from any of them. As wrong as they were morally in doing what they did, I can’t see it as being wrong legally.
    In pretty much every state, you can't do a citizen's arrest unless you witness a crime. You certainly can't stop and detain a guy based on suspicion. Even the police have to be able to articulate a good reason why they had reasonable suspicion to stop somebody, and a "black guy in a white neighborhood," hasn't flown as a reason for about 40 years now.

As to Arbery trying to take the gun, I can see both sides of that. If someone tries to take my gun, I have reason to fear that he's going to use it against me. But on the other hand, if I'm Arbery, and three strange guys armed with shotguns jump out of a pickup truck and tell me that they're conducting a citizens arrest, how do I know that they're not going to shoot me if I try to run away? How do I know that, if I cooperate, I'm not going to end up hanging from a tree? What reason do I have to believe that they'll call the police to handle the matter? I'm thinking I may be a dead man unless I resist, so I go for broke and try one last ditch effort to save my own life.

I don't know if I would convict these guys of murder; it's hard to do when the defendants claim self-defense because you need to prove malice. But manslaughter? False imprisonment? Absolutely.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 11-24-21 at 10:08.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Haven't been watching it, but there is detailed legal commentary at:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/1...ing-desperate/

and other articles on that site.

I haven't reached any personal conclusion on whether the defendants are guilty or not. It seems clear that they are not the best of people, and probably racist. It also seems clear that the deceased was acting exactly like a burglar, and almost certainly was an actual burglar, to a degree that constitutes a felony under Georgia law. There's a lot of background context in various articles there which I haven't seen in the MSM coverage - big surprise. Like it or not, at the time of the incident Georgia law was fairly broad on citizen's arrests, and the defendants have a credible defense of being within the law to try and arrest him.

As for less media coverage - I think the leftist media (did I just stutter?) is trying to scare ordinary good white people into being helpless sheep for the slaughter. Based on defendants' appearances, Kyle was a better show trial and persecution for this goal than the Georgia defendants are. Few people are going to identify with the GA defendants, and therefore a conviction of them won't scare ordinary people much.
    Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 11-24-21 at 10:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Whether we think they were racially motivated (and I do personally), there has to be evidence of that, and make the case they would not have done the same for a white kid who'd walked around the construction site.

I do tend to think it's just what it appears, a racially motivated event that went sideways in a manner they'd not expected, but whether the evidence demonstrates it, and that nullifies the laws, etc, is another matter..

I have problems with the fact, they chased him for so long. They suspected he had committed a burglary days earlier, but presented no evidence that I know of that he committed a crime on that day.

If 3 guys were chasing me for almost 5 minutes, I would be afraid for my life or grievous bodily harm. Since I am always armed, I would have picked my location and turned on them and none of them would walk out of my ambush.

The fact that the third guy gave a statement to the police stating that the father used the N word while standing over the body. Changes the whole incident .

Then the son stated that his father was looking for a person to make an example of, and didn't care if he went to prison over it.

I would vote guilty

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I have problems with the fact, they chased him for so long. They suspected he had committed a burglary days earlier, but presented no evidence that I know of that he committed a crime on that day.

If 3 guys were chasing me for almost 5 minutes, I would be afraid for my life or grievous bodily harm. Since I am always armed, I would have picked my location and turned on them and none of them would walk out of my ambush.

The fact that the third guy gave a statement to the police stating that the father used the N word while standing over the body. Changes the whole incident .

Then the son stated that his father was looking for a person to make an example of, and didn't care if he went to prison over it.

I would vote guilty
    This, a thousand times.
    My Son is bi-racial. One morning I get up for work @ 04:30 (which is three hours before he wakes up) and I notice the front door is unlocked and Jr aint in his room. He was out, wanted to put some extra cardio in before practise. He was running accross town in the dark.
    One of the hardest conversations we ever had, I had to explain to him that there are folks out there that would see a young black man running past there house and give chase. If for no other reason that they want trouble and that they may be very dangerous and shoot at him.
    These guys, all three of them made a very bad decison and they deserve to pay for it with their lives.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast