Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery Trial

Feedback Score
    Jury verdict is in, awaiting its reading.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    Travis McMichael guilty of murder, felony murder X4, agg assault X2, false imprisonment, attempted felony. Guilty on all charges. Greg McMichael guilty of all charges except malice murder. Roddie Bryan guilty of felony murder.
    Last edited by Entryteam; 11-24-21 at 12:42.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Calling the deceased the N word shows the state of mind of at least one of the defendants. These guys were a mini lynch mob.

On the right of self defense, I would say if you outnumber someone 3 to 1 then the right of self defense probably should go to the 1.

I have watched the video multiple times and the alleged gun is grab is really not clear nor is it if it did occur visible on the video.
    I’m not sure what videos you’re watching, but he clearly has ahold of the rifle while punching as well.

https://youtu.be/fIve50vSeLQ

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    Jury verdict is in, awaiting its reading.
    Guilty, guilty, guilty, etc. Sounds like the jury pretty much threw the book at them.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 11-24-21 at 12:44.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Bye Bye @$$holes.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    If you've chased someone out of your neighborhood, why in the hell are you still chasing?
    Doesn't anyone in Georgia have a Cell Phone? Why not call the Police, follow, observe and report?
    I haven't watched this trial but from the little I have read it sounds like policing was absent or ineffective. If people are left without help in facing persistent predation is it really surprising if they take matters into their own hands? MO appears to be defund the police, let towns burn or decay, and punish anyone who tries to stop it.

Feedback Score
    So, what awaits these guys? Is the needle on the table? Or are they looking at life?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I’m not sure what videos you’re watching, but he clearly has ahold of the rifle while punching as well.

https://youtu.be/fIve50vSeLQ
    the video you posted, I think the sound was off. The video I saw led me to believe the first shot was at the front of the truck.

But it doesn't matter, they have been found guilty.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    So, what awaits these guys? Is the needle on the table? Or are they looking at life?
    Nights of being the comfort station for the Crips and Bloods

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    In pretty much every state, you can't do a citizen's arrest unless you witness a crime. You certainly can't stop and detain a guy based on suspicion. Even the police have to be able to articulate a good reason why they had reasonable suspicion to stop somebody, and a "black guy in a white neighborhood," hasn't flown as a reason for about 40 years now.

As to Arbery trying to take the gun, I can see both sides of that. If someone tries to take my gun, I have reason to fear that he's going to use it against me. But on the other hand, if I'm Arbery, and three strange guys armed with shotguns jump out of a pickup truck and tell me that they're conducting a citizens arrest, how do I know that they're not going to shoot me if I try to run away? How do I know that, if I cooperate, I'm not going to end up hanging from a tree? What reason do I have to believe that they'll call the police to handle the matter? I'm thinking I may be a dead man unless I resist, so I go for broke and try one last ditch effort to save my own life.

I don't know if I would convict these guys of murder; it's hard to do when the defendants claim self-defense because you need to prove malice. But manslaughter? False imprisonment? Absolutely.
    This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast