Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: School of the American Rifle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

School of the American Rifle

I may have been living under a rock, but I recently stumbled upon this individuals channel and find it fascinating.

Hopefully others will find something of value in these as well.

No, I don’t know the guy and am not affiliated in any way. Just sharing some technical content others may appreciate.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCaUOYvlDrZh5LWILrVDUM4w

He gets pretty heavy into tolerance stacking and figuring out exactly why something fails, or won't run.

Good stuff as far as I am concerned.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 11-25-21 at 03:21.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yep. Been following him for a while. Great channel. I really want a set of those cool guy gauges he has.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Chad is also a member here and posts now and again.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Was actually just now watching him do physicals on 5 KAC bolt carriers and a LMT enhanced bolt. Would love to get my hands on all those cool gages and check my stuff.

Learned a lot about not all AR parts being the same.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 11-24-21 at 12:39.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I wondered about that........Do you know under what name he posts?

Yeah, since I started watching I've been going through my bolts doing what I can without his tools thinking how fabulous it would be to have them on my bench.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    If he hasn't been run off.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post

He gets pretty heavy into tolerance stacking and figuring out exactly why something fails, or won't run.

Good stuff as far as I am concerned.
    I can't make it through a single video without thinking he is an idiot at one point or another.

He called that shit 'ready to install and run'...

In one of his other videos he spent more time measuring FP protrusion and talking about how 'out of spec' it was than it would have taken to just fix / correct the damn pin and move on. If he really wanted to help people he would have explained what range of protrusion to look for and then showed how to get there in less time than he spent whining about the one particular pin being ever so slightly 'off'.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I can't make it through a single video without thinking he is an idiot at one point or another.

In one of his other videos he spent more time measuring FP protrusion and talking about how 'out of spec' it was than it would have taken to just fix / correct the damn pin and move on. If he really wanted to help people he would have explained what range of protrusion to look for and then showed how to get there in less time than he spent whining about the one particular pin being ever so slightly 'off'.
    Big talk for someone that has provided what value to this community?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I do remember him explaining the acceptable level of protrusion in a video from a while back. I don’t remember what it was off the top of my head however.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

On various forums, I have seen several people run out buy some random gauge set and disassemble their working rifle to measure some inane thing and and learn that it’s “out of spec” and panic. Turned me off from the guy. That and how he jumped to internet stardom thanks to Primary & Secondary.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast