Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: School of the American Rifle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Brownells sells an inexpensive firing pin protrusion gauge. I’m a little surprised at all the bitching about him describing why a particular dimension is important. Its literally a video about dimensions, not repair. You didn’t pay for his youtube video, so just turn it off if you don’t want to learn about that, and make your own contributions to the community. Oh, wait, how many of us are qualified to contribute anything?
    Exactly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Are you saying / suggesting a guy has to be 'qualified' to post here?
    No, but you would have to be qualified to make a useful contribution here, or elsewhere. Some qualifications are easy and informal. Like “hey guys, I shot this drill back to back with a LPVO and a red dot after practicing with both for a year, and here’s my observations” , or “I tested 4 different zeroing strategies at different ranges”. In those cases, the qualification is simply that you shoot. Or “I’ve been trying out these different powders, and this is what I found”. The qualification to say “this bolt carrier is dimensionally correct, and this one isn’t” and make a detail-oriented youtube video about it, and run a gunsmithing course, is different, and one I don’t personally have.

Obviously anybody is welcome to post about anything, but there is a reason that “AR Technical Discusssion” and “Training and Tactics” are slower, lower traffic, and have lower post counts than “AR General Discussion” and “General Discussion”. Its because only a small percentage here are qualified to actually teach about those things, but most of us are qualified to answer “should I buy a DD or a Anderson”.

Edit: I’m not saying I agree with everything dude says, or saying that your posts aren’t useful.

Edit 2: Just re-read, and man, this comes off way different than intended. I’m going to leave it up, but know that my meaning is lost in my poor text-communication skills. My apologies to anyone I ‘ve offended.
    Last edited by 1168; 11-25-21 at 17:17.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Yeah, and I don't want that crap in a thread I started. if you don't have anything constructive to add don't post. Personal attacks aren't wanted either.

I think you may have me mistaken with this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    Chad is very knowledgeable and great dude to your face -that is when he isn't starting drama.

Or this guy!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Its truly amazing the influence he has over the average gun owner by making videos of himself sticking pin gauges into dozens of BCGs lol.

Im totally convinced all of his 7500 facebook followers could be "straight" men, and he could ask all 7500 of them to give him a BJ and 7497 of them would actually do it, with at least a 100 or more fighting to be the first in line. Its amazing really.

He thinks the AR-15 is like the Catholic Church and he is its Pope and you must follow him like Christ. He has to be on EVERY forum, has to be introduced when he joins like Jesus riding into the temple on his donkey so everyone can tell him how much they love him.

Im impressed really.
    Last edited by VLODPG; 11-25-21 at 11:45.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." President Ronald Regan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VLODPG View Post
    I think you may have me mistaken with this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    Chad is very knowledgeable and great dude to your face -that is when he isn't starting drama.

Or this guy!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Its truly amazing the influence he has over the average gun owner by making videos of himself sticking pin gauges into dozens of BCGs lol.

Im totally convinced all of his 7500 facebook followers could be "straight" men, and he could ask all 7500 of them to give him a BJ and 7497 of them would actually do it, with at least a 100 or more fighting to be the first in line. Its amazing really.

He thinks the AR-15 is like the Catholic Church and he is its Pope and you must follow him like Christ. He has to be on EVERY forum, has to be introduced when he joins like Jesus riding into the temple on his donkey so everyone can tell him how much they love him.

Im impressed really.
    No, I was not directing that at you, I was agreeing with you. Sorry for the confusion.

Feedback Score
    If anyone has questions I'll do my best to answer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOTAR View Post
    If anyone has questions I'll do my best to answer.
    Ha! Love your latest video, been reading the Kyle threads all over the forums I see. That a lot-o-lube!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Ha! Love your latest video, been reading the Kyle threads all over the forums I see. That a lot-o-lube!

Thank you.

The latest video was just some holiday fun.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOTAR View Post
    Thank you.

The latest video was just some holiday fun.
    I would be interested to hear your thoughts on 9MM AR’s. I would like to build one to mimic my 5.56 AR’s and most likely would go with a Colt but just curious what you think.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast