Thread: Daniel Defense vs Ballistic Advantage Barrels

Feedback Score

Daniel Defense vs Ballistic Advantage Barrels

Hey guys, if one had to bet his bottom dollar on accuracy between Daniel Defense and Ballistic Advantage barrels in a build, with all factors being the same, same quality ammunition, optics, etc, which manufacturer would you say produces the more accurate barrel? I am a big fan and believer in cold hammer forging and I know Daniel barrels would have longer barrel life under the same conditions when compared to the BA barrels, but in just pure accuracy which one would you count on to shoot a tighter group and why? Big fan of both brands, just kicking around ideas for my next build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a1madrid View Post
    Hey guys, if one had to bet his bottom dollar on accuracy between Daniel Defense and Ballistic Advantage barrels in a build, with all factors being the same, same quality ammunition, optics, etc, which manufacturer would you say produces the more accurate barrel? I am a big fan and believer in cold hammer forging and I know Daniel barrels would have longer barrel life under the same conditions when compared to the BA barrels, but in just pure accuracy which one would you count on to shoot a tighter group and why? Big fan of both brands, just kicking around ideas for my next build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If you already like both brands - Buy one of each and build them both up.

Seriously... Spares are good to have and 'testing' barrels side by side is fun.

Feedback Score
    Your budget will drive this but clearly DD is proven to be superbly accurate... however I have had both ( more BA than DD ) but BA is no slouch... especially the Hanson series...ether one should serve you well depending on your requirements.....just my .02 cents

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I think one load may be more accurate in the BA but you will get better consistency across most ammo out of the DD.
    Last edited by themonk; 02-15-22 at 09:21.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You will just have to test the individual barrels.

A friend had a DDM4V1 upper that I suspected was exceptionally accurate, so I put it on a SPR lower, mounted a ATACR 5-25, and repeatably printed 10 shot groups right under 1 MOA with 55, 69, and 77gr match ammo.

A phenomenal anomaly.

Feedback Score
    just speaking with my personal experience (4 DD barrels and 1 BA). the BA barrel i had would suit you well for a combat rifle, but didn't shine on accuracy. the 4 DD barrels are an all around performer. My BA was an example of one so take it for what it is worth and it wasn't a hanson profile either. I have come to the realization that although i am not a huge fan of the contours DD has compared to the new offerings from other mfg, the DD barrels have been consistent with one another in accuracy, tuned great for gas, and build quality. plus their warranty is great.

Feedback Score
    I don’t own a Daniel Defense but I’ve shot a couple on the bench. They were good performers but neither one was as accurate as my Ballistic Advantage.
    Yeah, the cold hammer forged may last longer but I don’t care. When I wear out a barrel, I’ll just buy another.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    You will just have to test the individual barrels.

A friend had a DDM4V1 upper that I suspected was exceptionally accurate, so I put it on a SPR lower, mounted a ATACR 5-25, and repeatably printed 10 shot groups right under 1 MOA with 55, 69, and 77gr match ammo.

A phenomenal anomaly.

I've had similar results. I have one DD 16" gov profile that's and absolute shooter...so much so I dumped a Centurion/Bartlein and Noveske Recon barrels for it.
    10 shots on a 3/4" dot pastie at 100y:

This being my first DD barrel in a while, I bought 3 more thinking they'd be of the same pedigree...they were all 2-2.5ish MOA at best and were ammo agnostic. GTG for most things, but certainly not of the SPR pedigree of the above.
    Ya don't know till ya know.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yep. The one I shot was a 16” carbine government profile with FSB. Factory assembly with a 12” quad rail.

Feedback Score
    I have no experience with Ballistic Advantage barrels. I do have a Daniel Defense 18" S2W (rifle gas sys.) barrel on my MK12ish clone. It's sub MOA with both Mk262 Mod 1 and Hornady 75 gr. BTHP Superformance Match ammo. I'd definitely buy another DD barrel if it fit the application I was building.

Good luck, NYH1.
    Last edited by NYH1; 02-15-22 at 22:57.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.