Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OTF Knives: Why are they $40 or $400???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    I have no idea. I carried them tip up and carried one flavor or another pm2 for 5ish years and it happened twice. One didn’t get my but I felt it was open and the second was the mf that made me change. I still love them but just can’t trust them
    OK, but if you carry tip up, pocket clipped, the blade should open towards your rear when in the pocket. This allows you to pull it out of your pocket with thumb going in pocket and the rest of your hand on the outside of the pocket. This aligns your thumb with the thumbhole to allow you to quickly open the blade with your thumb. If the blade is partly open, it should be to the rear of your hand and should catch the corner of your pocket when you try and pull it out.

edit: I know what you are talking about though. It has happened to me once on my ZT550, but it caught the corner of my pocket like I mentioned. It got close to me hand, but never touched it.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 12-27-21 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    OK, but if you carry tip up, pocket clipped, the blade should open towards your rear when in the pocket. This allows you to pull it out of your pocket with thumb going in pocket and the rest of your hand on the outside of the pocket. This aligns your thumb with the thumbhole to allow you to quickly open the blade with your thumb. If the blade is partly open, it should be to the rear of your hand and should catch the corner of your pocket when you try and pull it out.

edit: I know what you are talking about though. It has happened to me once on my ZT550, but it caught the corner of my pocket like I mentioned. It got close to me hand, but never touched it.
    I am not sure how it happened but I have a scar to show for it. I wear lightweight Columbia fishing pants at work and I imagine that it could have twisted in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    I am not sure how it happened but I have a scar to show for it. I wear lightweight Columbia fishing pants at work and I imagine that it could have twisted in my pocket.

Sorry I misread. I was putting my hand in the pocket that the knife was in to get something out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123