Thread: Barn (well garage) find Chevelle

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Barn (well garage) find Chevelle

Any of you lucky enough to come across a find like this? https://www.yahoo.com/autos/1970-che...170000235.html

Closest I ever came was buying a non-running 82’ Mazda Rx-7 GSL-SE for $500. Found it had a piece of trash on the needle in the carb and just dumped fuel when starting. Easy fix. I then trading it for a 66’ Mustang that was sitting along side a barn. Everything from the short block up was in the trunk. Put it all back together to find it had a 302 block from a pre-roller donor. The cool part is it had 289 K code heads. The guy before me cut the dash to install a cheap RadioShack radio. Since it was already cut up, I made it a toy.

600 double pumper Holley
    Edelbrock intake
    Cam
    Long tube jet hot coated headers
    Subframe connectors
    Yanked auto transmission out and put a T5 standard in
    3.80 gears
    I redid the interior and was almost on first name bases with Jeg’s, Summit, and Mustang’s Unlimited.
    All I had left to do was paint it.
    Ran high 13’s and had a blast in it until some dude ran a red light with a Tracel and I hit his from right tire while going about 30 on a blind intersection. Basically a high t-bone.

Found a 68 camero in a barn, but guy won’t come off of it. Covered in dust and boxes. His wife wants it gone, but he isn’t ready yet…..

Feedback Score
    I know where a 1970 Challenger 440 six pack is sitting in a barn. All original and unmodified. The owner is an old farmer who’s wife is wheelchair bound and his adult children express zero interest in the car. It’s been sitting there since about 1980. I first made an offer on it twenty years ago, stills sits just as it had then. I wish to hell he’d sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    I know where a 1970 Challenger 440 six pack is sitting in a barn. All original and unmodified. The owner is an old farmer who’s wife is wheelchair bound and his adult children express zero interest in the car. It’s been sitting there since about 1980. I first made an offer on it twenty years ago, stills sits just as it had then. I wish to hell he’d sell it.
    That's the "semi-auto" version of a Barracuda, right? When I was a little kid in the early 70's my uncle had an orange Barracuda with black pin stripes. Had the little ring thingies to hold the hood down instead of a normal lever-release. I was fascinated with that car.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 11-25-21 at 11:49.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kinda same. There was an old Packard found in a local warehouse

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.phi...n-factory/amp/

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    My brother's children still have his 1971 Thunderbird in the garage. About 60,000 miles on it. He died in 1983.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know where there is..literally..a yellow submarine...in a barn, for at least 40 years, out in the middle of bumf%^# Tennessee. Ive wanted to inquire about it a hundred times.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.