Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why you don't buy no name cheap parts because they look cool

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Life is too short to waste on junk parts.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    How do you politely tell someone they bought garbage…? To them it’s the same or just as good as…
    You don't! Politely that is. I either kept my mouth shut or told them that they were the biggest asshats in the history of mankind for buying junk parts, junk guns, junk accessories.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    You don't! Politely that is. I either kept my mouth shut or told them that they were the biggest asshats in the history of mankind for buying junk parts, junk guns, junk accessories.
    Friend came to my range yesterday, he wanted me to look over his AR that another buddy built for him. I checked a few things over, lubed it for and we shot. Anderson lower, some side charging upper receiver, carbine buffer, unstated castle nut, and some chicom back up sights. For him it works which is all that matters, said he spent 400 dollars on it. It’s shame for a bit more money relatively speaking he could have bought a solid AR.

Feedback Score
    The fact he was sold a anderson lower tells me other parts were bought because they were cheap. Also 400 dollars is simply so cheap you are not getting quality at that price. People dont have to spend 2k for a go to war gun but a good barrel and BCG eats up 70-90% of that. A good quality built rifle will run you close to 850-1000 bucks for a rifle with quality parts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Friend came to my range yesterday, he wanted me to look over his AR that another buddy built for him. I checked a few things over, lubed it for and we shot. Anderson lower, some side charging upper receiver, carbine buffer, unstated castle nut, and some chicom back up sights. For him it works which is all that matters, said he spent 400 dollars on it. It’s shame for a bit more money relatively speaking he could have bought a solid AR.
    I've gotten to the point where I just don't care. Really....it's none of my business and as long as they're supporting and adding to 2A it's all good.

I mean, who am I to say who needs to spend what on a rifle. Not everyone wants to run around and shoot paper targets from underneath cars and shit. Some just like to pop a few rounds off every couple years. And when I say this I think of a friend of mine. Bought a used SW MP15 for around $500, about 10 years ago. I don't think that rifle has seen 200 rounds. Now he's planning on moving and is going to sell his rifle. Was someone like that really going to get any more from a $1000 rifle?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My question to people who buy cheap parts is ... if you were in the hospital would you ask for the discount blood for an infusion ? If your gonna potentially stake your life on something... at a MINIMUM get some 2nd tier parts... not everyone can afford a DD or KAC but.. do some research and get quality parts....

If its just a range toy... go buy a HiPoint

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think that has the TiN finish. Aside from whatever the video shows, that shit corrodes badly and is a horrible BCG finish.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    How do you politely tell someone they bought garbage…? To them it’s the same or just as good as…
    post this autopsy on their fazebook page
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    You know what looks cool? Performance.
    The gun industry "flashy" shit is cancer.

People buy this crap when they look at their guns but dont train and/or compete.

Feedback Score
    To be a bit fair to some people, it can be hard to tell the difference between good and garbage and a lot of AR parts are so lightly stressed that garbage works (sort of).

If a plastic lower can work, a crappy aluminum lower that works works.

I have an AR with an $80 barrel that's accurate, runs fine and doesn't seem to care that the barrel was cheap. It's in an AR Stoner upper/handguard combo that was another $80, doesn't care. The BCG was $100, not super cheap, not garbage, it works fine. The lower it is in was $65, it's fine. LPK was $30, it's fine. The buffer tube is a $20 no-name, it's fine.

Where I spent money is the pistol brace, an adjustable heavy weight buffer (because it's a 9mm), a drop in trigger and a Law Tactical folder. Beside the buffer, that's all stuff to make it cool, not run better.

Maybe I could have got a $90 BCG if I wanted to scrape the bottom of the barrel. Maybe I could have found a $50 lower. I don't think I really spent more than about $40 above as cheap as possible beside the cool stuff that doesn't make it run any better.

I've been thinking about making a cheapo 300 Blackout or 5.56 upper for it. The basic formula would be a cheap nitrided barrel, a decent $80-100 BCG, a $15-20 low profile gas block and a $10 gas tube in the cheapest upper/handguard I can find. It will need a different buffer and spring too. If the barrel and gas block work, the upper pins on and has decent feed ramps, it should be good to go.

I would spend more on a rifle to take to war but for my backpack gun it's fine. I could probably wear out the trigger or the buffer spring a few times before anything else goes wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast