Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me with chosing a light

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I do not know what I want, that is why I am asking.
    Sort of makes it difficult…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Sort of makes it difficult…
    Let me rephrase that, I know I want a different light, sitting tighter to the handguard. I just don’t know if I am better with a click tailcap, a tape switch and trying to not move the iron sight back while keeping enough real estate to get an effective grip with my left hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If you’re trying to cut down bulk, a single-123 Arisaka/Malkoff in a Arisaka mount would make sense. I’d either use it with a Modbuttton/Hotbutton, or a regular tailcap with a not-vertical foregrip of some sort. I’m actually using that light and button combo on my go-to SBR, currently.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    If you’re trying to cut down bulk, a single-123 Arisaka/Malkoff in a Arisaka mount would make sense. I’d either use it with a Modbuttton/Hotbutton, or a regular tailcap with a not-vertical foregrip of some sort. I’m actually using that light and button combo on my go-to SBR, currently.
    Thank you. I’ll look into them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have a modlite at 11oclock with an arisaka mount, and tape at 12:00. I like it.

Feedback Score
    So my modlite and switch came in today. First scout light I’ve mounted. Is their a place the head should be in comparison to the flash hider? The button is in a comfortable spot. Just not sure if the head of the light should be further back or forward. Or what is preferred. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I have an ar pistol that needs a weapon light, its my bedside gun and stays cocked and locked. It has the magpul pro buis, and an aimpoint PRO. On the bottom side of the picture I have a streamlight pistol light on it, and want a better set up. With the rails and where the handstop is how and where would you suggest putting a light, and what light? Will the REIN work on it? I just bought an okw modlite for my other carbine for the long throw. Any sugestions are apreciated.

The X300 are GTG but I really Like the Inforce lights. They also have a cover to stop from accidentally draining the battery. Not too pricy and very good.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-06-21 at 16:11.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I just stepped outside to try the okw, I cant believe how far away it will illuminate! Pretty happy with it. I was using it around the darkened house, and caught a mirror right on and it blinded me bad enough I flinched and turned away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12