Thread: Barreled Receiver Refinishing

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Barreled Receiver Refinishing

I have a .308 Remington 7 KS that I’m looking to have threaded for a Griffin EZ Brake (have a Bushwhacker 46 in jail). It is a light rifle, which I am happy with the total weight. Due to the barrel diameter, it will be 1/2x28 and a tapered shoulder added. Work will be done by ADCO.

They offer Gun Kote for individual parts, but cannot do the entire barreled receiver due to the size of their oven. As it sits, it is a barrel attached to a completely bare receiver (all parts are removed, including the trigger and bolt release).

Just figured I’d ask if anyone had any recommendations on refinishing. It seems to be Parkerized (1990s rifle). I know people are going to say to spray it myself, but don’t have the space to do that currently. Besides, I prefer to pay someone to do it right than to pay them to clean it up and then do it.

Looking for something tough. This is my main scoped bolt gun, other than toys like my PU sniper, M1903/Unertl reproduction, or Oswald Carcano. Not a fan of DuraCoat… want something a little tougher. Looking for it to be done in black or some sort of Parkerizing that doesn’t look bad with the stock. Nothing camo or colors like OD or FDE.

Did a few searches, but rather get first hand reviews of places that people trust. Once the threading is done, will get it refinished, install in stock/put scope back on, put brake on… and done

Thanks for any recommendations.

Feedback Score
    Long Rifles Inc. in South Dakota has done several rifles for me (all finished with Cerakote) and they have all came out flawless. I know he ships and receives rifles from all over the country so they may be worth looking into. I have had nothing but positive first hand experiences with them.