Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Difference between night vision binos: TNVC and JRH

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Difference between night vision binos: TNVC and JRH

What is the difference between these binos offered by these sellers? What do JRH (some models not all and I’m sure it has to do with tube quality) seem to be half the cost of TNVS binos? Other than tube grade what are the other differences?

Feedback Score
    We offer the real BNVD single gain platform, we don't offer the foreign made unit- dtn thing.

The BNVD SG platform is a proprietary product made here in the US by NV Devices. That other Night Vision Company pissed off NV Devices and they will not sell the BNVD to them any more.

So it's not the same product as that other place is not allowed to sell BNVD SG models.

We can get the RNVG units but very few actually order them when they can get a fully articulating, durable lightweight platform that is full of features- the BNVD SG for less money.

So they don't offer the BNVD SG platform and cannot offer that platform.

On the BNVD we offer multiple tube types and this is where you will see all the dollar differences as well as lead time differences. ALL of our dual tube systems offer a 10 year warranty from the first company that offered a 10 year Night vision warranty back in 2014...(several others have copied that in the last few years)

Quickest shipping dual tube set is the BNVD with Photonis Echo spec WP tubes, currently shipping in 1-4 weeks and you are not charged until it's ready to ship. Great unit for the price, even better till tonight at midnight when the last of the BF sale prices will expire.

The only downside on the BNVD with Photonis tubes is that it is a no gain control model due to the Photonis tubes. Note that some places call no gain control "auto gain" like it actually does something... We call it what it actually is- NO GAIN control as the gain is set high at the factory and you have no control over it. The BNVD models with the Photonis tubes are the ONLY BNVD offerings we have WITHOUT gain control. Almost all of the other dual tube platform offerings on the market do not offer gain control- RNVG, Dtnvg/s etc. do not offer gain control.

All of the other BNVD sets we offer are BNVD SG - SG stands for Single gain control. This means just like your PVS14 you have a knob that allows you to control the gain. One knob controls gain for both tubes.

In the single gain models from lower grade tube (and therefore lower cost) to higher grade tubes and therefore higher cost are as follows:

Lowest- BNVD SG with XLS White Phosphor tubes-
    https://www.jrhenterprises.com/BNVD-...-XLSWPBNVD.htm

Higher graded - BNVD SG with WP HP tubes-

https://www.jrhenterprises.com/BNVD-...BNVDsgWPHP.htm

ULTRALIGHT BNVD SG with WP high performance tubes-

https://www.jrhenterprises.com/Ultra...e-ULBNVDSG.htm

ALL of the above except the first one (Photonis) utilize Elbit Systems of America tubes.

This last one offers the very popular Ultralight BNVD SG with L3 filmless tubes-

https://www.jrhenterprises.com/Ultra...L3FILMLESS.htm

That one has an extremely long lead time and having owned ULs with both the thin filmed and the filmless, I would tell you to save your extra $3000. and get thin filmed as I did not see the $3K difference in price in performance between the two. And the L3 units will suck power a lot more.

We (JRH) do not offer the fragile foreign made dtn housing where people have reported having to have their "light pipes shaved" to make the unit work correctly and then even still having the outline of the lightpipe in the view of the tube. We have heard of too many problems with the dtn housing so we do not carry it. Maybe once they work the bugs out of it, but I don't want my customers dealing with those problems.

It's Sunday but feel free to call or email with any questions. Once you go to those links and see the last of the BF prices you may want to give us a call before they expire tonight. We were given a slightly better price till Monday and instead of just putting the difference in our pockets, we passed the savings along, but the special ends tonight and we were already told no extensions.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    Getting a lot of double taps lately when clicking once, not sure why but sorry for the double tap.
    Last edited by Lowdown3; 11-28-21 at 07:44.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If you’re looking at the TNVC DTNVS, neither manual gain nor external power are available. The item description tries to spin that favorably, but manual gain control is very useful.

The PVS31a they sell has those things.

The BNVD that JRH sells, as he has pointed out, has manual gain, and it also offers the ability to add external power at the time of purchase.

I chose the UL-BNVD-SG with L3 WP and continue to be very happy with that purchase.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thank you for the response, confused on when the sale ends? Midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow. Looking at the BNVD SG XLS white phosphor.

Feedback Score
    All orders have to be completed and entered by close of business Monday. If you order online be sure you watch for the "Order need response" email to complete the order- or call. But everything has to be in by close of business tomorrow. I can usually wiggle a little extra time but was told no time extensions this go around.

And of course, waiting just gets more people ahead of you, which means a slightly longer wait.

People do call on Sunday so feel free to call today up to 7pm Eastern.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    Also note that we do NOT charge your card until the order is ready to ship, so you can place the order and you will have time to move funds, etc. Whether online or over the phone you are NOT immediately charged for the order.
    With all these dual tube sets having lead times, you have time to move funds, etc. What's important is getting the order in and confirmed before the time expires.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    I bought a pvs14 from JRH and it was a gem 3+ white phosphor u it and i could not imagine a cleaner image. Then again I would love Binos but couldn’t swing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I can personally attest to Rob @ JRH for ANY type of gear! Truly solid guy with great customer service and inventory that's not backordered for months. You absolutely can't go wrong with JRH..🇺🇲

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have not dealt with TVNC but I have dealt with Robert at JRH…based on the service he provided, I would have ZERO issues recommending JRH for your NV and Thermal needs. He will take whatever time you need to make your decision—he answers questions, give data/details and genuinely cares that you get the best unit for your needs/price range.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast