Thread: Optic mount for AR-10

Feedback Score

Optic mount for AR-10

Looking for a one piece throw-lever scope mount. Anyone got like a top three recommendation?

It’s a Centurion Arms Mk.11 based build, 16”. I’ll be using a scope with 10x-14x top magnification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Scalar Works (lightest but most expensive)
    Larue (my go to and only one I use)
    Midwest industries
    Last edited by lpck45; 11-29-21 at 11:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Powertrip View Post
    Looking for a one piece throw-lever scope mount. Anyone got like a top three recommendation?

It’s a Centurion Arms Mk.11 based build, 16”. I’ll be using a scope with 10x-14x top magnification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you say throw-lever scope mount, are you talking about a quick detach mount with the quick detach levers, or do you mean that your scope with have a magnification adjustment throw lever? I've never heard of a QD mount called a throw lever mount, so just wanted to clarify (throw lever usually refers to the lever that adjusts scope magnification).

If you're looking for a QD mount, I agree that the Larue is a great choice. If you want a less expensive option, i've use the ADM Recon Mount with good results. Never used the Scalar Works mount, but they make very high quality mounts.

Feedback Score
    ADM Recon-S.

AR-10 upper receiver picatinny length is relatively long, does not necessitate a cantilevered mount.
    Last edited by rpoL98; 12-12-21 at 06:50.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    FYI I would not consider the Scalar Works a QD mount. I would consider it a toolless mount. There is no way you are getting that off quick like you would an ADM or Larue. Its selling point in my mind is its lightweight. I feel there are some issues with that mount and sold mine.

On my SR25 I run a Badger C1 mount but its not QD.
    nawai