Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington settlement Sandy Hook Case

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Remington settlement Sandy Hook Case

Good old Remington... There's literally a federal law to prevent this, CT courts ignored it, and SCOTUS refused to look at it. Results, Remington decided to settlement. This is very bad precedence and makes no sense at all when the kid had no part in the purchase to begin with. This will open the flood gates to more to be sure, and now that they know SCOTUS will ignore states that have decided the federal laws don't apply them:

Sandy Hook families agree to $73M settlement with gun maker

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — The families of nine victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School have agreed to a $73 million settlement of a lawsuit against the maker of the rifle used to kill 20 first graders and six educators in 2012.

Remington, which made the Bushmaster AR-15-style rifle used in the massacre, also agreed to allow the families to release numerous documents they obtained during the lawsuit including ones showing how it marketed the weapon, the families said Tuesday.

The families and a survivor of the shooting sued Remington in 2015, saying the company should have never sold such a dangerous weapon to the public. They said their focus was on preventing future mass shootings.

https://apnews.com/article/sandy-hoo...c06275a4df403?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I hope these parasites suffer greatly from their ill gotten gains.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    There has to be a legal reason that this went down the way it did. After the Aurora shooting here they went after the ammo or dealers and the families ended up owing the gun guys that they sued. Is the claim that they marketed it as a being used to kill people or something like that- that is the carve out in the protection law that congress passed. Even with out the law, the law of common sense should make this a non-starter. If I were Budweiser or GM, I'd be a little worried. Any car that is marketed based on speed or power and then is involved in a high speed crash that kills, how is that any different- or really less? Fast car and bad beer aren't protected in the constitution....

Isn't Remington bankrupt or under new management? Is that $73M payable over a thousand years?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Fork and spoon makers better look out, *fat* Roseann O'Donnell and her lawyers are coming for them next.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So their legal fees out stripped $73 million? That's a lot of lawyering.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    People predicted this when Big Tobacco settled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    People predicted this when Big Tobacco settled.
    That was all about the money. This is about decimating the industry out of existence.

The thing is with open source designs like the AR platform, you could have corporation set up making 100 000 guns and then shut down.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    So, is Remington going back to the "AR's are not needed" stance that they had before they produced AR's?

Did they ever compensate survivors of the 700 trigger fiasco where their decisions had directly caused the issue?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I hope these parasites suffer greatly from their ill gotten gains.
    $73M will ease a lot of suffering

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    $73M will ease a lot of suffering
    You could add zeros that and it would ease my suffering of having my kid killed in school by a POS under those circumstances, where yet again, parenting sucked, adults failed to protect children adequately, and the blame placed on the tool used vs real caused. Your mileage may vary. My BP goes up if I think about Parkland, being the poster child event for all that, and a call for more gun control was all they could come up with.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast