Thread: Updated opinions on the mr920?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Updated opinions on the mr920?

So, I have been seeing these on sale from time to time for not much more then it would cost to buy an mos and add suppressor sights.

Was wondering if anyone had more recent updates on there performance/ round counts. I am a long time glock guy. I have mostly switched over to gen 5 glocks and they work quite well for me, but the SS pistols do seem like a great value. My worry is that if I buy one, it actually won't do anything for me that me gen 5 19 that I had cut by jagerwerks doesn't already do

I have watched and read many reviews, but it is hard to separate the hype from real information.

Thanks

Soli Deo Gloria
    Last edited by jesuvuah; 11-29-21 at 07:55.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I am not a big Glock guy but appreciate them for what they are. I shoot them well.

With that said I really like the MR920. It solves almost all of my gripes with the Glock. Quantum leap better sights (really really like the chartreuse ring on the front trijicon insert sight), the small grip insert duplicates the 1911's grip angle, trigger is very good, runs like a top. The grip surface and countour is superior in my mind. I shoot them more accurately than I do a Glock. The guts of the gun all appear indiscernable from Glock parts.

Liked it so much I bought a second MR920, and a DR920. I will be selling Glocks.

Only concern in my mind is the holes in the slide on the Elite model. Look like crap catchers to me on a carry gun. My second MR920 is the non elite version for that reason. Haven't carried it though so no further observations there. More shakedown with defensive ammo required before I'll elevate it to that level.

My round counts are not very high yet though. 400 rounds or so. Zero hot spots or unusual wear noted internally.

I can't compare to your 19.5 since I don't have one.

I also bought Zev OZ9's. They are not ready for prime time. Game gun only at this point.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 11-29-21 at 21:05.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I picked one up a few months ago. Absolutely love the ergonomics and the optics mounting system. I was able to get one of the blemished ones off of gunprime. Very nice discount on those. Get one if you can.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I didn't realize that they had come out with the xr920. Currently my g45 is my favorite, so if the shadow systems works out, it could easily replace it.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    I picked one up a few months ago. Absolutely love the ergonomics and the optics mounting system. I was able to get one of the blemished ones off of gunprime. Very nice discount on those. Get one if you can.
    This...

I bought 2 blem MR920 Combat models and saved about $400..... If you look very carefully there is very minor cosmetic things, but in a carry gun...who cares.

I didn't get the optic models...

Very impressed so far with how it shoots...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I spent several minutes looking for the blemish on mine and couldn't find it. My guns end up blemished after a few trips to the range anyway. I like the shadow systems guns.The trigger pull on mine has improved quite a bit after about 500 rounds

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I have had a lot of Glock G19's in the past, of all generations, and they are good proven combat pistols. I currently do not own any Glock 19's but do own two Shadow Systems MR920 pistols. A standard MR920 and a MR920L. IMHO, and for me, compared to a Glock Gen 5 G19, both the reliability and accuracy are pretty much equal. What I like better about the Shadow Systems pistols are, the grip angle, the factory grip texture, the ergo's ( undercut trigger guard, etc.), the trigger shoe ( it's easier on my trigger finger), the Ameriglo sight picture (personal preference). and the optic mounting system, and it is also around 5 oz's lighter than the Glock. Both mine are plenty accurate and have been totally reliable with all kinds of ammo, with around 1,000rds through each pistol. Also, while Glock 19 holsters may fit somewhat okay, there are also more than a few holster makers making MR920 holsters specifically for these pistols. I have absolutely no regrets on anything about the Shadow Systems MR920 pistols. The link below usually has some decent deals on the Shadow Systems pistols. Also, a couple of links to Holsters for the shadow systems pistols.

https://gunprime.com/

https://hillikerholsterco.com/

https://legacyfirearmsco.com/shop-by...ystems-mr-920/

Last edited by Biggy; 12-14-21 at 15:02.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have 2 Tenicor holsters that I used for my MOS Glock 19. The shadow systems guns are a bit loose in those holsters. It's probably best to get a holstered specifically for the shadow system guns

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    FYI, it looks like at some point, there is a good chance Shadow Systems will be making some of their pistols with an Aimpoint ACRO optic cut. No adapter plate needed. It would be nice if they would also offer where you could buy the slides separately.

https://youtu.be/Jwn29qUBy2A
    Last edited by Biggy; 12-16-21 at 07:53.