Good morning, everyone,

Last year I bought my first suppressors, a Sparrow 22 and an Omega 45K. The approval for the .22 can came back very quickly, and I have it here at home.

It's a different story for the Omega 45K. After a long time I got a letter telling me that my Omega 45K purchase had been denied. The letter says that I'm not being told that I can't own the can, but that something in my past MAY disqualify me and until the matter is clarified, no transfer.

Well, I know what the problem is. Back in the seventies I was in the Navy, while stationed in Norfolk, VA., I was arrested and charged with possession of a small amount of marijuana. I was issued a citation and had to appear in court for the misdemeanor. I was fined $25 and had to pay $23 in court costs. Case closed.

Years later when buying a firearm, the State of Florida found the arrest in my background check and denied the purchase, saying they could see the arrest but nothing about the disposition of the case itself. Eventually they were able to contact the City of Norfolk, got the details of my case and saved them in my Florida file. So Florida knows it was a misdemeanor and I paid the fine, and I've had no issues with firearm purchases since. I have my CWP too.

So, apparently the great computer in the sky knows I was arrested but doesn't know if the charge was a felony or what the disposition of the case was.

How do I go about getting those facts into the database? Am I going to have to hire an attorney? Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott