Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Used is Not New

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Cool Used is Not New

Let me start by saying I'm just venting.

On the equipment exchange, I see some people selling as new, for same amount anyone can buy it new.
    Once you buy something, if you use it or not it's used not new.
    Why would anyone buy a used part for same or in some cases more than the part cost new?

I thought the equipment exchange was to help pass along to fellow shooters some parts you're not going to use or barely use.
    Like I said just my two cents.
    The two parts I sold on the equipment exchange were for 1/3 what it would cost new.
    I sold them on the EE to help my compadres, not make some dinero, comprende. It should be clear in any language that's with the EE is for.

Maybe I'm just an old crank.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBobJoe View Post
    Let me start by saying I'm just venting.

On the equipment exchange, I see some people selling as new, for same amount anyone can buy it new.
    Once you buy something, if you use it or not it's used not new.
    Why would anyone buy a used part for same or in some cases more than the part cost new?

I thought the equipment exchange was to help pass along to fellow shooters some parts you're not going to use or barely use.
    Like I said just my two cents.
    The two parts I sold on the equipment exchange were for 1/3 what it would cost new.
    I sold them on the EE to help my compadres, not make some dinero, comprende. It should be clear in any language that's with the EE is for.

Maybe I'm just an old crank.
    Not an old crank, just someone who doesn't like seeing people get jerked around. I understand, but this will still probably get kicked to the general discussion section.

PS- I agree with you.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    We have a local maine gun exchange website called uncle henrys. You should see what people post things for sale on there. Sad part is, they get it. From people who can not pass back ground checks.

Take a few mins and brose thru here. Specially the tactical stuff.
    https://www.unclehenrys.com/search/Guns?display=grid

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Deleted
    Last edited by Arik; 11-29-21 at 14:44.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    How envious I am of a life so peaceful that this is what’s chapping your ass. Who cares, don’t buy it, don’t look at it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That is annoying. I don't sell much, but always price my stuff to move.

This isn't any different than anywhere else though. Gunbroker, Reverb.com... all have the same items sitting forever at full retail pricing. Shoot! I sold all 3 of my items in 1 day on Reverb last week by undercutting the other idiots by 10-20 bucks per item.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    New should be new.

I bought a new take-off barrel one time and whoever took it off removed the taper pins and beat the pins and FSB all to hell.

I just replaced the pins, shaved the fsb, and reparkerized it, but it was work I shouldn’t have had to do.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree with you as well.

I’ve never sold anything here and the few items I have purchased have been fair deals from good guys.

I’ve been tempted on numerous occasions to post in response, get real……..

They contribute nothing and are pretty obviously only here to make a buck off someone.

There are places worse than here though, it’s an epidemic over at HKPro and the mods are constantly swatting scam artists or those who join for the sole purpose of using it as a marketplace.

I’d not mind seeing the mods take similar actions here on the people who post only to sell.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the info. I didn't think to distinguish between AR general or general, that was me being a newbie to the forum.
    I'm glad to see people agree, I wasn't trying to stir things up.

Thanks

I appreciate the positive response. I wasn't trying to offend anyone, I was just surprised by some of the prices on some listings.
    I just think like minded people should help each other out a bit, if possible.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    YUP so agree

don't sell anything anymore just chuck it in a box

I did about 10+ yrs ago get a few new LMT MRP setups did not like the sites looked up MSRP and think I put them about %40 down went super quick I sold something I did not like and someone was happy

never used but not NEW

I just laugh when I see that and ignore that person though people now try to ask insane prices for USED stuff they say is new hahahahaha

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast