Quote Originally Posted by JoeBobJoe View Post
Let me start by saying I'm just venting.

On the equipment exchange, I see some people selling as new, for same amount anyone can buy it new.
Once you buy something, if you use it or not it's used not new.
Why would anyone buy a used part for same or in some cases more than the part cost new?
The part in bold - Bull Crap.

If I buy a new firearm and never shoot it - It is still a new firearm.

Likewise with respect to parts - I have a metric crap ton of spare parts in my toolboxes and stacked on shelves. They could be months old or years old but if they have never been 'used' they are still 'new' parts. When you buy parts from a vendor do you ask when they received them so you can determine if they are really 'new' or not or do you not give a darn how long they may have been sitting on a shelf or in a warehouse??? 'Unused' is the same exact thing as 'new' for all practical purposes here friend.

Example: I recently bought a bunch of Colt hand guards that they stopped making in the late 90's. Yeah, they were made in the 90's but they were still brand new parts from Colt sealed in the original bags and had never been 'used'...

Next part of what you said is not really true either. If I buy a new firearm to add to my collection and they stop making them soon after (or for whatever reason they become harder to find for the average joe blow) - Well, If you want to buy the one I have it is going to cost you more than what they 'used' to cost. If you don't like my price then go find it somewhere else (knowing that particular item may not be in stock elsewhere).

The EE here is not some sort of charity thing where guys should be expected to take a loss on things are wanting to sell and not receive fair market value. If 'you' choose to sell your stuff there at a loss that is your business but most are not going to go down that road with you.