Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
Those who say NIB is new are totally ignoring the fact that many manufacturers will not warranty an item bought from an individual.

Especially firearms for anything other than blatant defects and companies like Ruger for Blackhawks.

You don't have what they would consider acceptable proof of purchase.

Of course that's when someone's going to chime in and say that's why they only buy from XYZ company who will warranty anything.

But the fact remains that for many items new warranty doesn't transfer to the second owner unless the warranty explicitly states that or the company is an exceptional one.

I see items by some of the posters in this thread that I look at and say that's 80% of new, why would I save $5-10 on a used item on a forum when I can order the same thing online new for just slightly more.

Unless it's "like new" and saving me a minimum of 20 to 40 bucks over new I'll just get new, thank you.

But I've also gotten some great deals on EE and think it's a useful thing.

I see a lot of hot rod syndrome in equipment exchange firearms, people listing a frankengun that was their dream build for the sum of all of its parts. When like hot rods, rarely is that a dream build for someone else and you pretty much never get the money out of a custom build that you put into it.

Even face to face there is risk buying firearms used from someone you do not know. (Not a dealer) There are ways to mitigate that, but it's still a risk. I have called the local PD a couple of times and had them run the serial number on a firearm I was considering buying face to face to ensure it was not stolen.

But I've bought multiple packs and higher end web gear for very reasonable prices on EE. It was a service to both of us.
This. Thanks for typing that. Took the words right out of my head and said much better than I could have.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk