Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's the current hotness in holsters?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Looking for an OWB holster for everyday carry. Raven was my go to back in the day, but looks like they went corporate.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I bought a kydex holster about 7, maybe 8 years ago, from a different company. It's awesome. A couple years ago I went to get another, linky no worky. I contacted the email on the business card that came with the holster, turns out the biz went belly-up, just couldn't produce and sell enough to be a viable business. I think this is a common issue in the biz

I bought an original Phantom when Raven was just the red headed dude making Kydex holsters one at a time at the gun show, at least 10+ years ago. After all that time it developed a crack on the back piece of Kydex, but is still usable. I mentioned this in passing on another message board or maybe Instagram and a Raven rep said to send them pictures and they would send me a new Perun to replace it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My IWB is by Black Arch - very comfortable.

My OWB is a C&G - I also had a Raven Phantom(still do) until I changed from Right to Left handed. Like you, I found Raven no longer made their Phantom and also no longer made HK P30 holsters either. The OWB C&G is a great holster - very good retention and fit/finish.

https://www.candgholsters.com/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I bought an INCOG for my M&P some years back but quickly realized that I can't conceal a double stack pistol, but it's a great holster anyways. I recently got my hands on a G43X and placed an order for a Phenom Stealth, hopefully, that combo works for my body type. I have I think three other holsters from G-Code as well, OWB ones for the M&P, the M9, and 1911.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    I bought an original Phantom when Raven was just the red headed dude making Kydex holsters one at a time at the gun show, at least 10+ years ago. After all that time it developed a crack on the back piece of Kydex, but is still usable. I mentioned this in passing on another message board or maybe Instagram and a Raven rep said to send them pictures and they would send me a new Perun to replace it.
    Nice, that is the weakness of kydex, it will eventually crack after so many draws, but so will polymer. Probably the longest lasting holsters are horsehide. I would really like to see a horsehide kydex hybrid, where the kydex inserts were easily replaceable. It would retain like kydex but last forever. Leather belt loops are also way more comfortable because they mold into your body. Sheesh, just about talked myself into getting a Kramer horsehide holster. I have one for my G43 and it's amazing.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Nice, that is the weakness of kydex, it will eventually crack after so many draws, but so will polymer. Probably the longest lasting holsters are horsehide. I would really like to see a horsehide kydex hybrid, where the kydex inserts were easily replaceable. It would retain like kydex but last forever. Leather belt loops are also way more comfortable because they mold into your body. Sheesh, just about talked myself into getting a Kramer horsehide holster. I have one for my G43 and it's amazing.
    Quality leather is hard to beat, but you have to wear it often. Leather that sits in the closet is nowhere near as comfortable as a holster that gets strapped on every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123