Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas shooting video.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As usual, a cascade of "stupid" leads to someone shot.

The father was stupid for getting that irate when doing so would not magically make his sons appear at the property. Record the event or multiple event violations, take it to court and get rewarded for it. Have the smug grin on your face in the end.
    The guy told you to leave his property. Leave. Your kids is somewhere else anyway. Go get them.

The new boyfriend was stupid for getting the gun. In reality, it's not your kids or even your fight. Stay out of it. None of your business. If it got physical then yes, now it's your business. Until then, stay the f*ck out of it, call the cops because he isn't leaving after you asked him to leave.

The mother is an absolute stupid instigating bitch for doing this to begin with. OK, your mom wanted to see him. If the boys wanted to see her too then, call the father and have them talk to him and let him know what they wanted to do. At least let the boys father know ahead of time that they were not there to be picked up to begin with so he could go straight to the right location to pick them up and avoid the confrontation. Even if he was mad, there would be no reason to go there from the get go.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 12-01-21 at 08:59.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I saw this a little while back and instantly thought "Bad Shoot"

Others have gone over the points and I agree. The Dad was not really a threat.

Every LEO I know always says that domestics are the worst calls to go to, videos like this make me understand why.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    I'm not in favor of more government intrusion into our lives, but I do find it ridiculous that you have to have a license to fish but any two assholes can reproduce unchecked. We require drivers education to get a driver's license, but any 16-year-old can go out and crank out a bunch of kids and nobody is going to stop them. People who aren't equipped to care for a houseplant are encouraged to reproduce whether they can afford to take care of them or not. Until we find a way to address that, society will never evolve.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hush; 12-01-21 at 08:52.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Did he fire a warning shot into the ground right before the guy tries to grab the gun?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Did he fire a warning shot into the ground right before the guy tries to grab the gun?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Definitely seems like it. If nothing else, I'd say that provided the dead guy with the reason to try and grab the gun.

First impressions: everyone here was stupid, dead guy should have retreated when the gun was introduced, but his blood was up by that point. He didn't try to grab the gun until after he had been shot at. Without knowing the details, if he was supposed to have custody of his son, and it was being denied him, I'd say he had a pretty damn good reason for being angry and being there. The shooter, on the other hand, had no reason to introduce the firearm. The argument was heated, but not violent. Cops were supposedly on their way, and while annoying, nothing appears to be dangerous about the encounter. The shooter changed that dramatically, and threatened not only the dead guy, but (at least in the father's mind) the child as well. The warning shot was bad, firing back towards the house was bad, and his smug attitude was really bad.

In the court of internet public opinion, I'd say murder. We'll see what happens in reality.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    As usual, a cascade of "stupid" leads to someone shot.

The father was stupid for getting that irate when doing so would not magically make his sons appear at the property. Record the event or multiple event violations, take it to court and get rewarded for it. Have the smug grin on your face in the end.
    The guy told you to leave his property. Leave. Your kids is somewhere else anyway. Go get them.

The new boyfriend was stupid for getting the gun. In reality, it's not your kids or even your fight. Stay out of it. None of your business. If it got physical then yes, now it's your business. Until then, stay the f*ck out of it, call the cops because he isn't leaving after you asked him to leave.

The mother is an absolute stupid instigating bitch for doing this to begin with. OK, your mom wanted to see him. If the boys wanted to see her too then, call the father and have them talk to them to let him and let him know what they wanted to do. At least let the boys father know ahead of time that they were not there to be picked up to begin with so he could go straight to the right location to pick them up and avoid the confrontation. Even if he was mad, there would be no reason to go there from the get go.
    Well said

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    So you've never been divorced and had custody of your Child controlled by someone who doesn't have custody and refuses to give your kid back right?
    2 seperate issues and paths to follow

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    Doubtful. I had a similar dispute with my ex-wife. It was my weekend to have my kids, they weren't home when I went to get them. She had allowed them to leave with her mother, and she told me that I could get them the next day. I called the sheriff's office and showed the deputy the custody decree when he got there. I thought that he would tell her to present the kids immediately or face going to jail. Boy was I wrong. The deputy told me that this incident was a civil matter and that he couldn't force her to produce the kids. He told my ex that it was in ber best interest to follow the decree because not following would be grounds for the court to modify the decree in my favor.
    Yes, child custody decrees are civil. In Texas there is however, a criminal charge called Interference with Child Custody. The District Attorneys rarely prosecute this charge and I don’t know of anyone who has personally arrested anyone for this charge. What we generally do when there is an incident of them not producing the child is we take an offense report for that incident and forward it to the DA’s Office. We tell the resistant party that they can go to jail if this continues. What the DA wants is to have a is a history of violations before moving towards prosecution.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    2 seperate issues and paths to follow
    Not so much, you've got a legal and supposedly binding legal document, thats supposed to be the rule.
    That guy appeared to be where he was supposed to be to pick up his kids and his kids weren't there, now when that becomes a real habit, it gets old very quick. It's as specially infuriating when the kids aren't there, but the Wife is.
    The Jackass boyfriend had no part in any of this, but he decides to escalte with a gun and it all goes to Sh*t from there.
    He should have stepped back and called the Cops, but let me tell you, the Cops will show up and tell you you're at fault, no matter how many times it happens. So pretty much, your just screwed unless you want to get an Attorney and start the process all over and have a Judge tell you it's not a big deal.
    Unless you've been a Father with Custody, you have no idea how F*cked you are when she decides to rewrite the rules on the fly.
    My Ex left the Country with my Son, then went to the Army and said (without any documentation by the way) that she had custody. I had to pull some major strings to get him back and unf*ck all the paperwork. No ramifications for her of course.
    I had him brought back home to me with a diaper that was so wet it was falling apart in my arms, so I didn't have a lot of confidence in her abilities to parent. I was very nervous about my Sons welfare the whole time he was gone.
    You know at one point I would have risked getting shot to get my Son back and when the Laws are so tilted favorablly toward Women, you just feel like your not going to get any justice unless you step up and take it for yourself.
    Last edited by Averageman; 12-01-21 at 09:44.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    The only mitigating factor is if there were threats from the dead dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    The only threats that I heard the victim use were threats to take the shooter to court for violating the custody order.
    You must be watching an edited video. After Carruth comes out of the house holding a gun and shouts "leave!" Read gets right in Carruth's face and shouts back "F'ing use it MF'er cause I damn it I'll take it from you and F'ing use it [unintelligible]."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast