Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Texas shooting video.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    This kyle shot a guy after his ego got bruised because he was thrown like a little bitch.

Warning shots are illegal in Texas, so is blocking a parent from getting their kid on their day.

The whole thing is a shitshow.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgizzard View Post
    Anyone else somewhat confused by the fact no one checked on the dead guy after the shoot? I mean they just picked the argument right back up while dude was bleeding out on the front step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah , I noticed that. No one even seemed that concern.

Everything was on video , except the moment he got shot.

He went to the ground and not moving pretty quickly.

Guy with gun, goes up on porch , almost like he is posing for a picture next to him.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    My bet is Kyle Carruth won’t be found guilty for killing Chad Read.
    The photo below from Carruth’s Attorney clearly shows Chad Read on the home’s porch after being told to leave the property.
    Read physically being much larger pushed his body intimidating Carruth with physical violence, then physically threw Carruth into the yard.
    Castle doctrine will prevail with a Lubbock Texas jury.

A few observations

-A point for the Ruger PCC in the debate over their effectiveness in home defense.
    Looks like a 9mm, dropped the big guy Chad Read with one shot.

-Fox sold 60 seconds worth of advertising before the murder video for their new “Christmas in the Pines” holiday movie. Also saw an ad for SimpliSafe Home Security. Header at start said video is “ courtesy” of Jennifer Read.
    All somehow appropriate in 2021.

- Carruth kills Chad Read, idiot woman in the car ( Jennifer Read) listening to Dixie Chicks Wide Open Spaces just keeps recording and yelling at Kyle Carruth instead of getting the heck out of there.

- most morons waive a firearm like it’s a magic wand to ward away bad guys. Kyle Carruth had no shock or care that he actually killed a man, easier than stepping on a roach. Aimed, fired, dropped the man, and kept mouthing off, determined to win the argument.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 12-01-21 at 21:20.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    More details are in the $50M wrongful death lawsuit.

Widow hired Tony Buzbee, ex Recon Marine, mega millionaire lawyer from Houston, nicknamed “The Shark”.

Buzbee is a character, owns a Sherman tank, and parked it in his ritzy River Oaks neighborhood driveway.

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/wp...etition-fs.pdf
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    I’m no F Lee Bailey and don’t pretend to be I’m just wondering if attempting to grab a firearm from another man grounds for a good shoot? Put aside everything else and just focus on that one act by the dead guy.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Good detail and legal analysis here:

https://jonathanturley.org/2021/12/0...f-defense-law/

Learned a lot that I didn't know before. The shooter's personal situation isn't so awesome, FWIW:

A confrontation between Chad Read, 54, and his ex-wife Christina Read over visitation with their son led to the intervention of William Kyle Carruth, who is reportedly in a romantic relationship with Christina Read. (He is the husband of Judge Anne-Marie Carruth, who is seeking a divorce).
    Turley, a very capable lawyer, thinks there is some plausible self-defense argument. I'm looking at the same facts, admittedly with less trial background, and to me this looks like a murder case that should produce a guilty verdict. Not even manslaughter, something like second-degree murder. Chad Read (the dead guy) didn't make the best decisions, but I wouldn't have foreseen that a verbal argument where Chad Read seems to be in the right (legally and morally) would result in ex-wife's boyfriend grabbing a rifle from inside the house and shooting him.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    I’m no F Lee Bailey and don’t pretend to be I’m just wondering if attempting to grab a firearm from another man grounds for a good shoot? Put aside everything else and just focus on that one act by the dead guy.
    Andrew Branca of Law of Self Defense argues that he had justification to shoot earlier in the encounter but not at the time he actually did.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/1...justification/

In response to this aggressive act by Read, Carruth takes a step back, lowers the muzzle towards the ground, and appears to fire a warning shot near Read’s feet.

Had Carruth instead taken a step back, leveled the muzzle at Read, and in that moment shot him dead rather than merely firing a warning shot, I’d suggest he would have been fully justified in that use of deadly defensive force. In that moment Read was presenting as an unlawful, imminent, deadly force threat.

But particularly with respect to the Imminence of a threat, Imminence comes and Imminence goes. Think of it as a window: the window of Imminence opens, and then it closes. Before it opens, defensive force is not justified. After it closes, defensive force again is not justified. If defensive force is going to be used and be lawful, it must occur during that transient period when the window of Imminence is open.

The fact that the threat might have previously been Imminent, even just moments before, is not sufficient if the threat is not still presenting as Imminent at the moment the defensive force is used.

In other words, the fact that Carruth might have been fully justified in shooting Read as Read was reaching for his carbine, does not mean he was still justified in shooting Read dead at some later time, even just moments later, if at that later time Read was no longer presenting as an Imminent threat.

And I don’t see Read presenting as an Imminent threat in the moment that Carruth shoots him, whatever might have happened previously, either as a threat to Carruth or to any other innocent person present.

Might Read have gone on to present as an Imminent threat? Might he have been about to shift his body weight to advance on Carruth or some other innocent person present? Perhaps—but speculation is not enough to support a use of defensive force, especially not a use of deadly defensive force.

Carruth cannot simply imagine that Read might have done this or done that, Carruth must have based any such belief on a reasonable interpretation of actual evidence—again, even a shift of body weight could be enough in this context, but there must be actual evidence that is more than pure imagination.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Andrew Branca of Law of Self Defense argues that he had justification to shoot earlier in the encounter but not at the time he actually did.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/1...justification/

An on topic breakdown pretty smart and covers everything.

To me personally I dont believe it was necassary, had Dad decided to actually take that gun away, he would have put boths hands on it and taken it away. Watch the Firearm being pressed in to his grasp.
    Dude went back in and got a gun came back out and decided to fight. So then he instigated it, going back in to get the gun and then coming out anjd firing a warning shot, well you own the results. Homeboy needs to go to prison.
    Last edited by Averageman; 12-02-21 at 13:16.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    So then he instigated it, going back in to get the gun and then coming out and firing a warning shot, well you own the results. Homeboy needs to go to prison.
    I do not agree with this. I believe he should have the right to possess a gun on his own property, to arm himself as he lawfully orders Read to leave. In my view Read caused the escalation by getting in the face of a man with a gun and threatening to take it from him and use it.
    Last edited by Disciple; 12-02-21 at 13:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post

An on topic breakdown pretty smart and covers everything.

To me personally I dont believe it was necassary, had Dad decided to actually take that gun away, he would have put boths hands on it and taken it away. Watch the Firearm being pressed in to his grasp.
    Dude went back in and got a gun came back out and decided to fight. So then he instigated it, going back in to get the gun and then coming out anjd firing a warning shot, well you own the results. Homeboy needs to go to prison.
    That is all true except the missing fact that "Dad" verbally threatened to take said gun away and use it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast