Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas shooting video.

Feedback Score
    �� This looks/sounds similar to another case where a jogger was shot and killed when he tried to wrestle a shotgun away from some hillbillies. They got convicted of murder. Tongue in cheek analogy. Different, but similar self defense principles.

There really wasn’t any justification to display a deadly weapon. Nobody was in imminent danger. There were no threats. He should’ve just called the cops and had the guy criminally trespassed. If there were no other whacky circumstances involved and taken at face value I would lean towards murder.

And if the ex-wife was playing stupid child custody games she may not be criminally responsible but she’s definitely to blame.

Feedback Score
    Another idiot with a gun getting himself into trouble for no good reason.

Adios Kyle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When idiots Collide.
    I've played these games, unfortuantly for my Son and I it was an international situation and I was left with little recourse but to wait.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Happened in Texas, so if it wasn't justified then it was murder or possibly capital murder.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Remember the "dumpster showdown"? I think it was in Austin.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Happened in Texas, so if it wasn't justified then it was murder or possibly capital murder.
    Probably won't be capital murder. In Texas, for it to be capital murder it has to have been committed during the commission of another felony - i.e. robbery - or the victim is a minor or a member of law enforcement and murdered while performing their duties.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    Someone told you wrong. As much as Texans love our property rights and our guns, we can't just shoot someone because they won't get off of our property - even if the property is marked with no trespassing signs. You have to be in fear of immenent bodily harm, and the fact that he nonchalantly went back into the house to get the gun disproves that. If the homeowner wanted them off of his property then he should have called the cops. The homeowner should be charged with murder. Both of these guys let their anger control them, and as a result nobody wins.

The one exception to using deadly force on your premises is if it is after dark and you believe someone is trying to break into or otherwise steal your property. Several years ago a homeowner shot and killed a repo man that was hooking up to the guy's car. He was no-billed by the grand jury because the incident took place at night.
    “All Texans may lawfully brandish a firearm to protect themselves, their property and their business.” Guinn said.

Guinn also emphasized Read’s threat to take the gun from Carruth.

“And instantaneously, he tried to take the gun away from Kyle,” Guinn said. “In doing so he was power enough to sling Kyle 180 degrees around on Kyle’s patio.”

“Raising his left leg, he was continuing his advance on Kyle, threatening him and posing an immediate threat. Kyle responded,” Guinn claimed. “This is a justifiable homicide.”
    IF the guy was not breaking any laws by brandishing the firearm and coming outside with it to tell the guy to get off his property...

Personally, I would have got the hell off of the guys lawn when he said so. Perhaps called the cops from my car out in the street if I though I had a right to be there and do whatever it was but I sure as shit would not have told the guy I was about to take his gun away from him and then advanced on him and tried to do just that. Guy has gun, says get off property - I would be getting off the property.

If the situation was flipped and I was the guy wanting the other guy off my lawn - IF I was fairly sure he was unarmed and he still refused to leave after being told to - I would have opened the door to go back inside and gave the silent signal letting the Dobermans know it was cool for them to come outside.

Most likely they would have been standing there at the door watching and seeing how agitated the guy was being towards me and as soon as the door opened they would have been on him like stink on crap.

Seems from the video everyone knew the one lady was recording everything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Remember the "dumpster showdown"? I think it was in Austin.
    Abilene

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I guess reconciliation is out.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    Probably won't be capital murder. In Texas, for it to be capital murder it has to have been committed during the commission of another felony - i.e. robbery - or the victim is a minor or a member of law enforcement and murdered while performing their duties.
    Kidnapping?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast