Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: School shooting - 3 dead - Here we go again

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    In this particular case I think the parents should be charged, first time for everything.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    What if they steal your car and use THAT to kill a lot of people?

Yeah, Your fault entirely because you did not 'fill in blanks'.

Yep you could have prevented all of those deaths 'caused by YOUR car' if you had say - used one of those boot things on your wheel after parking, parked in a better / safer area, paid for security to guard your car while you were away from it, had a better and more secure anti theft system installed, on and on and on...

Instead of blaming the criminal here you want to use the logic of the left the same exact way they do to shift the blame.
    If you're gonna leave guns in your vehicle then make them out of sight and LOCK THE DOORS. If your vehicle, despite being locked, is broken into then to me it is the same as having your house broken into.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    In this particular case I think the parents should be charged, first time for everything.
    Rest assured that if they are convicted it will not be the last time.

Once Pandoras box is opened all bets will be off going forward. Once you give the left this 'inch' they WILL be asking for a mile more.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Rest assured that if they are convicted it will not be the last time.

Once Pandoras box is opened all bets will be off going forward. Once you give the left this 'inch' they WILL be asking for a mile more.
    Yep. I don't like the manslaughter charge one bit, unless they can prove they encouraged the kid to do the shooting. Otherwise, it's a very slippery slope that I am extremely uncomfortable with.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Looks like horse poo to me.

1) Parents bought gun for 15 year old. BUT... Under Michigan law, that is not illegal.
    2) Mom took him to the shooting range. BUT... Under MI law that is favored.
    3) Child had total access and the gun was for him. BUT MI la allows a minor to own a handgun, but with exceptions may not carry in public. BUT... He didn't and was not known to until that fateful day.
    4) School teacher caught him researching ammunition on his phone during class. Ok.
    5) Teacher saw a horrible shooting picture and notified the office, who called parents in. Admin had the murderer's bookbag. Parents attended the meeting. School said 48 hours to get counseling. Neither school nor parents looked IN THE DAMN BAG!!! Kid goes on a shooting spree after lunch with the gun that was in his bookbag!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    My wife brings up a point: How can you charge the kid as an adult, but charge his parents for allowing a minor to have access to a gun? Is the shooter a minor or an adult???

Greg above puts it most succinctly and clearly. I still don't get how he went from a single drawing to a mass shooter in under 4 hours. Something is missing.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    At what age do our youth become adults?
    I ask because I hear 24 year olds being called "Kids".
    Homie don't play that, I think at 13, your responcable at 15 you totally own it. I can't imagine killing someone and watching your parents take it up the Keister because you F'ed up.
    In Michigan they consider a female "able to consent" at 17, but a male the age is 18.
    So there are no standards because the idiot that did the school shooting can't consent to sex, vote, buy cigarettes, firearms, etc.

Its all made up as they fly apparently.

I know this because one of our neighbors had a 16 year old daughter with a 30 year old guy. They called the cops and that is what they were told.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Looks like horse poo to me.

1) Parents bought gun for 15 year old. BUT... Under Michigan law, that is not illegal.
    2) Mom took him to the shooting range. BUT... Under MI law that is favored.
    3) Child had total access and the gun was for him. BUT MI la allows a minor to own a handgun, but with exceptions may not carry in public. BUT... He didn't and was not known to until that fateful day.
    4) School teacher caught him researching ammunition on his phone during class. Ok.
    5) Teacher saw a horrible shooting picture and notified the office, who called parents in. Admin had the murderer's bookbag. Parents attended the meeting. School said 48 hours to get counseling. Neither school nor parents looked IN THE DAMN BAG!!! Kid goes on a shooting spree after lunch with the gun that was in his bookbag!
    Are you sure a minor can own a handgun in Michigan?
    I live here and think you must be 18 to "own" a handgun in this state.

Michigan requires registration of handguns, here is the law.

MCL 28.422

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(qse...ame=mcl-28-422

I could be wrong, so please provide any info you have that contradicts the above MCL.

TIA

ETA:
    A "purchase permit or CPL" is required even if you gift the handgun to a family member. That is part of the registration scam.
    Last edited by .45fan; 12-05-21 at 12:29.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    I know this because one of our neighbors had a 16 year old daughter with a 30 year old guy. They called the cops and that is what they were told.
    Police frequently do not know the technical details of the law and are under no obligation to answer you correctly even if they do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    My wife brings up a point: How can you charge the kid as an adult, but charge his parents for allowing a minor to have access to a gun? Is the shooter a minor or an adult???

Greg above puts it most succinctly and clearly. I still don't get how he went from a single drawing to a mass shooter in under 4 hours. Something is missing.
    Or commentary from the media has been skewed to get many to believe a particular way.

Reporting 'some' of the facts is not the same as reporting 'all' of the facts...

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast