Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying stripped lower, can it be pistol or rifle?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Buying stripped lower, can it be pistol or rifle?

I understood if you buy a rifle lower, it can't be a pistol lower. But what if its a stripped lower?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A stripped lower will always be a "other" on the 4473, and therefore can be built into either.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    A stripped lower will always be a "other" on the 4473, and therefore can be built into either.
    Spot on.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    thanks fellas

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you buy a complete lower with a rifle stock, it is still an OTHER and can be configured as a pistol so long as the stock is first removed and the lower is configured as a pistol before it’s configured as a rifle.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Depends on how the dealer writes it up on the 4473. Very wise to ask first...

Example: When my kid was 20 he bought his first stripped lower. Dealer transferred it as a 'rifle' - THAT is legal. Would not have been legal to transfer a 'pistol' to him at that age.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well of course, that makes sense. THAT dealer was just trying to help your son, and good on him.

Doesn't hurt to make sure for the rest of us. Good call.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Example: When my kid was 20 he bought his first stripped lower. Dealer transferred it as a 'rifle' - THAT is legal. Would not have been legal to transfer a 'pistol' to him at that age.
    That contradicts what is written in the fourth thread I linked, and this ATF open letter: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/070709openletter.pdf

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Depends on how the dealer writes it up on the 4473. Very wise to ask first...

No, the dealer does not get to choose.

4473 Instructions are pretty clear, even if nobody reads them.

BTW, NOT LEGAL. Dealer broke the law. Under 21 can only buy a long gun from FFL. So he falsified the 4473 and violated 922(b)(1). 2 felonies on one form!
    Last edited by Renegade; 12-05-21 at 13:50.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast