Thread: Optic choices for 3 different setups? Comp m4, H1, Ta33, Rt6

Feedback Score

Optic choices for 3 different setups? Comp m4, H1, Ta33, Rt6

So I recently acquired an Acog ta33. I have 3 options to mount it to. A Daniel defense ddm4v7, a Tavor Tar21 18.5, or a PWS Mk111 11.85 inch. Currently the Tavor has Aimpoint Comp M4 with 3x behind it, MK111 has an Aimpoint H1, and the Daniel wears a Burris rt 6, 1-6x. I have a 45 degree mount purchased to use for the H1 should I desire. I’m pretty sure I want to leave the Tavor as is for cqb, as well as 3x to stretch it a little. Would you go with the ta33 on the mk111? Also Mk111 runs almost 100% suppressed. Or ditch the rt6 altogether and put ta33 on the Daniel defense? Thoughts and comments appreciated. Because I know someone will ask…Tavor is my cqb setup. Daniel will be more for distance, and the Mk111 is kind of an all arounder. Thanks a bunch! My first post but I have lurked for years and found lots of valuable info on this site. And by distance I mean 3-400 max.
    Last edited by Coloradocarbine; 12-04-21 at 11:29. Reason: Need to change

Feedback Score
    Anyone…?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm curious as to why you picked it up, it seems like your weapons are already covering most bases, especially in the optic selection. I would personally build up another upper and dedicate the ACOG to the new upper.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I got a good deal on it. It’s only 3 years old. I like bullet proof setups and I know that they are that. The Rt6 I know is solid, but I wouldn’t consider it in the same class

Feedback Score
    I'd be hesitant to give up the capability of a good LPVO (which the RT-6 surprisingly is, especially for the price. Illumination is lacking but reticle mitigates the issue) for an ACOG. That isn't to say it would be the wrong choice; just not what I would do.

Dedicated upper or sell the ACOG+RT-6 and turn them into a Razor 1-6 would be my plan.

Feedback Score
    I am not sure what I’d do for another upper if I went that route. Guess I could go with a 300 blackout. But then another Aimpoint would really be my desired optic. I don’t really see me going 18-20 inch in 556. I have PWS mk216 and LMT MWS 20 inch for long range stuff. I love the glass in the Acog and shooting both eyes open is pretty natural for me. The 1-6’s I seem slower in acquiring targets than Acog or Aimpoint. With a 12, a 16 inch and the Tavor for close work am I missing something for another upper other than a spare?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradocarbine View Post
    I am not sure what I’d do for another upper if I went that route. Guess I could go with a 300 blackout. But then another Aimpoint would really be my desired optic. I don’t really see me going 18-20 inch in 556. I have PWS mk216 and LMT MWS 20 inch for long range stuff. I love the glass in the Acog and shooting both eyes open is pretty natural for me. The 1-6’s I seem slower in acquiring targets than Acog or Aimpoint. With a 12, a 16 inch and the Tavor for close work am I missing something for another upper other than a spare?
    Not really missing anything an ACOG would be applicable to, no. I personally would be looking a more precision oriented rig as a fourth gun or upper with what you already have. That's me, though. Have you shot a higher end LPVO? The Burris is quite competent for the price, but the Razor and above can be a revelation for folks. Might find you're not slower with them after all. Of course, that's out the window if you do have time on them.

Feedback Score
    No I haven’t been able to shoot a razor, or the like yet. As far as a precision upper goes, I think I would leave that work to my LMT MWS. Or if I wanted the lighter platform I suppose I could go 6.5 Grendel

Feedback Score
    In hindsight, I guess I didn’t need the Acog. But getting one at $650 with a solid 9-10 years of tritium left seemed too good to pass up. I like the no battery, bullet proof design as well. I had thought using it, in conjunction with the H1 (mounted at the 1:00 position), on the MK111, would be a handy setup. Weight wasn’t a concern as it will be suppressed anyways.

Feedback Score
    Hey Stickman, since you shoot for BCM, do you feel like the 12” uppers really give up
    Anything to the 14.5? I use the 62 grain tbbc fbi load for it. Should keep me good to 200 for expansion. Your thoughts?