Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Safety Lever Question

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wrote about this quite a bit during my days at BAD, finally posted something on our site so I can just copy and paste link: https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...iguration.html

This doesn't apply to just our ASF. , this is general information about ambi safeties.
    Last edited by Duffy; 12-08-21 at 20:56.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    Hi Roger, great to see you jump in. As you may recall we discussed a few things about the safety. I have the cap on my right side. Hence, it alleviates the issue I have with ambi safeties. After the holidays, I plan on running the test lower more. My initial run of it seems to show it has no reliability issues and the roll pin lever is solid. Hence, time will tell if the Q lever feels better to me running it hard. If so, than damn, I guess I will need 20, but the jury is still out. Have a great holiday.

I also want to thank everyone else who has replied.

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We have been asked to make an ASF lever that looks like KAC's with the bottom scalloped. We've always declined, the lever feels great on the trigger finger side when the safety is on SEMI/FIRE, but if you try to use it, it's neither here nor there and difficult to rotate.

This isn't a criticism for KAC's lever, KAC deserves a lot of credit for the forward thinking on ergonomics way back when nobody was paying attention to ergonomics, it serves to illustrate that often, the gain of a function sometimes means a small compromise on comfort, but given the usefulness of the added control, it's something we're willing and happy to overlook.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I wrote about this quite a bit during my days at BAD, finally posted something on our site so I can just copy and paste link: https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...iguration.html

This doesn't apply to just our ASF. , this is general information about ambi safeties.
    Yeah yeah yeah so that's all good and fine and interesting stuff but when is the next EPC drop? (Dudes collect those like they're the last Luke Skywalker action figure ever made.)

Just did a SOLGW 13.7 build using a lot of you parts. First time using them and I have to say I am hooked. I had already had a few of your competitors ambi safeties on the bench so I pulled short of using your ASFs. The lever attachment method, however, has be doing the math on how much it will cost to switch all of mine over.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah so that's all good and fine and interesting stuff but when is the next EPC drop? (Dudes collect those like they're the last Luke Skywalker action figure ever made.)
    Been waiting for an OD EPC to be in stock for quite a while.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Been waiting for an OD EPC to be in stock for quite a while.
    I mean are they nice? Sure. But I'm not stressing over it like some guys who sit on sites hitting the refresh button waiting for them to drop. I'll probably pick up a few if they ever become readily available.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123