Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm absolutely lost on what barrel to go with...Noveske, DD, Centurion...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I’m sour on Criterion right now. I have a 308 barrel and it groups pretty decent but it was super under gassed. I had an adjustable gas block opened all the way up. I had to take it to a Smith to get him to open it up to run. I emailed criterion and they never responded. I wasn’t trying to get a refund but at least let them know their port was small. It was I think .072 and I had it opened to .083 the Noveske stainless barrels are awesome albeit pricey. Ballistic advantage is good for the money and triarc seems to put out a good barrel
    What kind of ammunition were you shooting? I've seen AR-10's set up to shoot 168g Match malfunction with 150 FMJ.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by duroSIG556R View Post
    It states on their website: ADM .223 Wylde Barrels by Criterion Barrels Inc feature 1/8 twist, .223 Wylde chambered, 4150 CMV (chrome moly vanadium) steel, Nitride finish
    They use Rosco in their "Duty" series, Bloodline I believe, but I know that they have a partnership of some kind for sure

https://www.admmfg.com/ar15-barrel-556mm
    Last edited by Hank6046; 12-08-21 at 08:57. Reason: updated
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I’m sour on Criterion right now. I have a 308 barrel and it groups pretty decent but it was super under gassed. I had an adjustable gas block opened all the way up. I had to take it to a Smith to get him to open it up to run. I emailed criterion and they never responded. I wasn’t trying to get a refund but at least let them know their port was small. It was I think .072 and I had it opened to .083 the Noveske stainless barrels are awesome albeit pricey. Ballistic advantage is good for the money and triarc seems to put out a good barrel
    Interesting, my ADM 308 has a Criterion Barrel (16 inch) but is also rifle length and is gassed perfectly, are you running a Mid or intermediate? I don't group as well with 147-150gr but the 168 match in that barrel is more accurate than I'll ever need. 175gr Nosler seem to wiggle a little bit in that every 5th round likes to jump around, but that could also be me.
    Last edited by Hank6046; 12-08-21 at 08:50. Reason: I'm dumb sometimes
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    So I don't want to skimp on my build. Been waiting years and a day to get my hands on a Geissele lower to make a build and ended up with a receiver set! So now I'm torn on what barrel to get for the build. It will be a pinned 14.5 barrel and I want something around $300 or so. It will be a blaster that occasionally will get some match hand loads and a 1-6x scope. Maybe 300 yards work but nothing crazy. Mostly a 50-100 yards steel blaster.

Options so far are:

https://centurionarms.com/barrels/mi...rel-midlength/

https://danieldefense.com/14-5-5-56m...v-profile.html

https://www.primaryarms.com/noveske-...rel-nv07000054

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod71337.aspx
    I'll tell you what, I have built with and seen others and those BA pencil barrels at 14.7 are lights out accurate. For an AR 'blaster' with occasional match loads, you can definitely 'get more with less' here

but if you need to spend the extra coin, none of those would be on my list as I'd find the wilson 14.7 ss and use that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARMED CITIZEN View Post
    No mention of FN CHF barrels???????????
    PSA uses them and well......I don't care for PSA

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARMED CITIZEN View Post
    No mention of FN CHF barrels???????????
    I used to favore a 14.5 barrel by spikes which was a fn chf barrel but they are hard to get which led me to the BA. Not to mention, chf isn't the end all be all and there are advantages and disadvantages to both button and chf most of which no one here will be impacted by. I mentioned earlier the BA 14.7 pencil barrel and I swear those barrels are lights out shooters.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Centurion

Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    If you're not in a rush, I'd email Centurion Arms. I was looking for their 11.5 FBI barrels, and could never find them in stock. I emailed them asking if they had an estimate of when they'd be back. Not surprisingly, the answer was that they didn't know because of all the supply chain issues.

But, a few months later Corrie emailed me out of the blue saying they had a few back in stock. By that point I pretty much forgot about them and gave up, but I was shocked they remembered me. I ended up getting them, and while I haven't been able to shoot them yet, they look as well made as everything else they make. I can't think of any way their CS can get any better.
    I have one of their 14.5” and it will be worth the wait. And, they are great people.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    They use Rosco in their "Duty" series, Bloodline I believe, but I know that they have a partnership of some kind for sure

https://www.admmfg.com/ar15-barrel-556mm
    Yeah ADM makes the Rosco upper receivers for them as well. And Rosco provides ADM with their duty barrels. This from what Rosco said on their YouTube channel.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Based of what you are looking for I would go with the DD. In my experience you can beat the hell out of them and they will always come back to 1.5 MOA with production ammo. With hand loads they can be sub MOA.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I just received a In Stock notification last week and grabbed one of these. Plenty of love for SOLGW around here so maybe that's a option for you in the 14.5 choices. Still in stock at the moment (18) ! https://www.bigtexordnance.com/produ...-56x45-barrel/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast