Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm absolutely lost on what barrel to go with...Noveske, DD, Centurion...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    So I don't want to skimp on my build. Been waiting years and a day to get my hands on a Geissele lower to make a build and ended up with a receiver set! So now I'm torn on what barrel to get for the build. It will be a pinned 14.5 barrel and I want something around $300 or so. It will be a blaster that occasionally will get some match hand loads and a 1-6x scope. Maybe 300 yards work but nothing crazy. Mostly a 50-100 yards steel blaster.
    Honestly, this is not a big ask. I have DD, Criterion, Rosco, Ballistic Advantage, BCM (FN CHF), and 50-100 of decent accuracy from 50-100 is fairly easy to obtain from all of them. If I was building a 50-100 to maybe 250-300 yard gun, I would do a PWS 11.85 build or a BCM 12.5 barrel. Anything 13.7 or longer should be able to get out to 500 fairly routinely. You should build for capability first and figure out what that is.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Primary Arms has Triarc track 2.0 barrels in stock. 13.9, 14.5, 16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mac324 View Post
    Primary Arms has Triarc track 2.0 barrels in stock. 13.9, 14.5, 16.
    I've read of these but know nothing about them. Don't know why but I'm wanting to stick with big name brands.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Check out Black River Tactical (BRT) I have a few of their barrels. They are top notch and price is right. I have a Noveske CHF and it shoots very similar but with less gas in your face. I also believe that Clint is a sight sponsor on this forum.
    I'll second BRT-
    https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/BR...rel-p234204113
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    If you're not in a rush, I'd email Centurion Arms. I was looking for their 11.5 FBI barrels, and could never find them in stock. I emailed them asking if they had an estimate of when they'd be back. Not surprisingly, the answer was that they didn't know because of all the supply chain issues.

But, a few months later Corrie emailed me out of the blue saying they had a few back in stock. By that point I pretty much forgot about them and gave up, but I was shocked they remembered me. I ended up getting them, and while I haven't been able to shoot them yet, they look as well made as everything else they make. I can't think of any way their CS can get any better.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    If you're not in a rush, I'd email Centurion Arms. I was looking for their 11.5 FBI barrels, and could never find them in stock. I emailed them asking if they had an estimate of when they'd be back. Not surprisingly, the answer was that they didn't know because of all the supply chain issues.

But, a few months later Corrie emailed me out of the blue saying they had a few back in stock. By that point I pretty much forgot about them and gave up, but I was shocked they remembered me. I ended up getting them, and while I haven't been able to shoot them yet, they look as well made as everything else they make. I can't think of any way their CS can get any better.
    No one in the industry has better CS than Centurion Arms. I have purchased several lowers and a couple of uppers from them over the years. Currently Corrie knows that I am waiting for a particular upper to come in stock. She has promised me an email when it does. They are simply fantastic people, with excellent products. Great to do business with.

Feedback Score
    Here's another alternative, although 16" barrel, not 14.5. However, it's within your budget and you get a very nice trigger included. And unlike some of your other choices, it's currently available. https://www.larue.com/products/larue-accuracy-package/

And LaRue barrels tend to be shooters, so it can get you out to 300 yards and beyond.

Or you can pick up an SPR barrel from White Oak Armament although again it will be 16". I think they run about $275 and are probably back ordered. But the barrel will be a hammer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not interested in a 16"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    ADM barrels are either Criterion themselves or Rosco, they do not manufacture their own barrels.
    It states on their website: ADM .223 Wylde Barrels by Criterion Barrels Inc feature 1/8 twist, .223 Wylde chambered, 4150 CMV (chrome moly vanadium) steel, Nitride finish

Feedback Score
    I’m sour on Criterion right now. I have a 308 barrel and it groups pretty decent but it was super under gassed. I had an adjustable gas block opened all the way up. I had to take it to a Smith to get him to open it up to run. I emailed criterion and they never responded. I wasn’t trying to get a refund but at least let them know their port was small. It was I think .072 and I had it opened to .083 the Noveske stainless barrels are awesome albeit pricey. Ballistic advantage is good for the money and triarc seems to put out a good barrel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast