Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Endomag blew up

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Endomag blew up

I have been using Endomags for a bit now (Purchased a 3 pack), in more than 1 firearm, until yesterday...

First, one of the Endomags would not function right so I stopped using that one. Then another was so defective that it blew up the PMAG it was in. Please see the link of photos below for what happened at the range yesterday.

https://imgur.com/a/g2nImGb

I am lucky the lower receive did its job and kept the chaos in the mag well. I could have been severely injured...or worse...

More than one person, range officers and armorers, at the range confirmed the Endomag was to blame.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For people who aren't aware of what an Endomag is, it is an insert that allows 9mm ammo to fire out of a PMAG. It is like a restrictive sleeve placed inside the PMAG.

Since the Endomag insert has nothing to do with how the weapon fires, how did more than one person explain the Endomag causes a round to fire out of battery?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    For people who aren't aware of what an Endomag is, it is an insert that allows 9mm ammo to fire out of a PMAG. It is like a restrictive sleeve placed inside the PMAG.

Since the Endomag insert has nothing to do with how the weapon fires, how did more than one person explain the Endomag causes a round to fire out of battery?
    No sure how it has nothing to do with firing when that's where the bolt picks the round up from...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    This was on a straight blowback gun?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    This was on a straight blowback gun?
    AR9 rifle

Feedback Score
    I don't understand how a mag could blow up a gun either. Did it prevent the bolt from fully going into battery?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    I don't understand how a mag could blow up a gun either. Did it prevent the bolt from fully going into battery?
    What? the rifle is fine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    What? the rifle is fine. The Endomag insert was the cause of the pproblem

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpeed View Post
    What? the rifle is fine. The Endomag insert was the cause of the pproblem
    How did it cause the problem is what people are asking.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Did the gun fire out of battery?

Or did the mag just spontaneously blow up.

I used to run endo mags in a RDB and I fail to see how they would cause this

If it did fire out of battery, that is somewhat of a risk on any blowback gun. And if it did do that, it's probably going to blow your mag apart.

Soli Deo Gloria

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast